xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Msdash Dvd Player (region Free)  (Read 118 times)

blackout_19

• Archived User
Msdash Dvd Player (region Free)
« on: January 23, 2003, 03:20:00 PM »

dvdx v1 works with the version 1 xbox consoles (only) and it patches the dashboard to make it region free.

Strat

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2003, 02:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (nouvac @ Jan 24 2003, 09:33 AM)
But that wasn't my question at all, i wanted to know if there is a way to make the msdashbord dvd player work region free...

Yes DVDx Version 1 works on Version 1 xbox's to make the original dash region free.

As stated above

senator

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2003, 02:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (nouvac @ Jan 24 2003, 09:33 AM)
But that wasn't my question at all, i wanted to know if there is a way to make the msdashbord dvd player work region free... 

Yes DVDx Version 1 works on Version 1 xbox's to make the original dash region free.

As stated above

NUFF SAID FOR THE LAST TIME.... DVDX patches the original dashboard for region free DVD on Ver1.0 boxes..Your question was answered...... laugh.gif

onionz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2003, 02:49:00 AM »

I've used the RegionX that came with Slayer's installer 1.5 (dunno what version..1.0 perhaps?) The MS dvd player still says wrong region when i put a region 1 disc in. At which point does RegionX hack the ms player? First time you run it?

senator

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2003, 03:02:00 AM »

You run the DVDX once and that patches the dash. It should play
other regions then, But even some newer DVD say from the US still will not work on a DVD player set for multiregion, these discs need to be played as a region 1.. I have a pioneer home dvd player and it plays the latest us protected region1 disc, but my friend can't play the same disc in his multi region player... Possibly a similar situation ????

onionz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2003, 11:43:00 AM »

Are we talking about the same program here? DVDX is also a player in its own right?

You're talking about RCE encoded discs i assume - Region Coding Enhancement i believe.  I don;t think any of my discs have that.

razorrifh

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2003, 02:44:00 PM »

there's 2 versions of dvdx, one that's a player and one that's a patcher. the player came out second and is called dvdx 2 or v2 i believe. correct me if i'm wrong smile.gif

Pandoriaantje

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2003, 02:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (razorrifh @ Jan 24 2003, 10:44 PM)
there's 2 versions of dvdx, one that's a player and one that's a patcher. the player came out second and is called dvdx 2 or v2 i believe. correct me if i'm wrong smile.gif

that's correct, the first version only patches the original player to make it region free DVD on Ver1.0 boxes.

the second version is a player on it's own, but does not have the need for the dongle so version 2 is a dongle free/ region free standalone player.

WiKKiD

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2003, 06:01:00 AM »

You are correct, you still require the dongle for each region... Hence dvdx2.

WiKKiD

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2003, 08:50:00 AM »

Other annoying downside is I believe (I don't actually own one) that the dongle causes problems if it's in when you run dvdx2, so you'd be forced to remove the dongle everytime you wanna use dvdx2 also. sad.gif

This may also be why there hasn't a version with remote support released.

mooks

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2003, 10:45:00 AM »

Never experienced any problems myself, all my discs played through dvdx2 are not affected by the fact the dongle is inserted, but I had the remote kit installed before I modded the box which could make a difference.
Or maybe a US NTSC xbox problem?

mooks

WiKKiD

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2003, 06:14:00 AM »

sad.gif