xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Video Signal Lost  (Read 274 times)

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Video Signal Lost
« on: January 06, 2005, 05:04:00 AM »

When I go into System and then Misc and tell it to open the dvd tray. It opens the tray but I lose all video signal. The xbox is still on but I can't see anything but the blue on my tv. I am using an Xbox High Definition AV Kit and am using that to hook into my component jacks on my tv. I have to turn my box off and back on in order to restore the video signal. Anyone else get this? It is very strange.

Xbox Version: 1.0 I believe
Softmodded using UDE1
Bios: EvoX M8 BFM
Hdd Make/Model/Size: 40gb Western Digital
UnleashX Xbe Location: F\Apps\UnleashX\default.xbe running as an app
Network Setup: DSL modem hooked into USR router which runs a cable to my room which hooks into a 4 port switch which connects my pc and xbox to the router/internet.
PC FTP Software: FlashFXP

EDIT: I just tried opening my dvd tray normally and it reboots my xbox and puts me back into my default dash which is the latest public release. Perhaps you forgot to set the dvd no reset flag or something like that James because I can boot into Dvd2Xbox as an app and it has no reset on eject. I am using UDE1 and EvoX M8 so I should suffer no ROJ unless I am in a game.  :unsure:

This post has been edited by jonathan2007: Jan 6 2005, 01:07 PM

peppermg

• Archived User
Video Signal Lost
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 12:30:00 PM »

I don't think this has anything to do with unleashx, sounds like more of a weird hardware problem. I also have the AV Video pack hooked up to the component video on my TV and can not reproduce this.

XBox: v1.0
Modchip: X3 1957
HDD Info: Maxtor 6Y200P0 200GB
UnleashX : App C:\
Network: Xbox->Hub->Router->Router->Cable Modem
FTP: XP: SmartFTP OS X: Transmit, Custom FTP Client

Pillzburydoofus

• Archived User
Video Signal Lost
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »

I would say it has something to do with your softmods.  Did you use the RoE_fix version of m8?

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Video Signal Lost
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »

Yes as I stated I can boot into dvd2xbox as an app and open my tray just fine. I think it has something to do with my softmod but a lot of others use softmods so it is an issue (whether it is my fault or not idk).  :(