xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wip Build 548  (Read 613 times)

unleashx

• Archived User
Wip Build 548
« on: January 05, 2005, 07:14:00 PM »

I just uploaded WIP Build 548.

Here are the changes:
*Fixed  0 Byte bug crept into the FTP server as well.
*Fixed  Slowdown of FTP Server/Client to a crawl when more than one client is connected.
*Fixed  bug in ISO9660 parsing routine which could cause lock up.

*Added  Formating of MU (initialized or uninitialized[FAT/FAT32]) from the file manager. Will be added to game save manager as well.
*Added  Audio CD player
*Added  Music player GUI (frontend) including volume control.
*Added  Capability to play MP3 and WAV file from ISO9660 CD (Sorry, no WMA for now). Use File Manager, or the music player GUI to open and play file.

*possible fixed to those who are using the Live update, getting to 100%, and then craps out. Definitely a proxy issue. This can't be tested until the next release, obviously.

The Music GUI is by no means finished at all. I have a lot of plans for this, including making it a complete xbox audio manager. There's one option there when you press the "Start" button but it aint working yet. More option will be there too. You can access the playlist by pressing the right thumbstick. Let me know what you think of it, if it's crappy or what, or if you have a better design which I can use. You'll find the images I used in a single png file, under the "Media" gamesaves. Filename is MPlayer.png, in a 8x4, 30x30 pixels grid. First row is the normal buttons, second is the "pressed" buttons, while the third row is the highlight button. Should be easy enough to change, if you wanted to.

On another note, I received plenty of application for WIP beta testing. Thanks for expressing your interest. I should have answered each and everyone email's. Direction are given, should be very easy to follow.

Please use this forum to post any bugs you may find while using the WIP build.

This post has been edited by unleashx: Jan 6 2005, 04:01 AM <

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Wip Build 548
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 10:59:00 PM »

New media player is sweet but
Are the colors hardcoded to blue????
CD Player is cool to will you be adding CDDB support smile.gif
Also I suggest letting it be skinned by the current skin like the splash screen

Can't wait for next release to testout the liveupdate fix

moviecut

• Archived User
Wip Build 548
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 02:31:00 AM »

NICE work! i just got my invitation. can`t test the new release in the moment, because i`m at work. will update as soon as a get home!! volume-control and audio-cd player sounds sweet. no need to switch to ms-dashboard anymore...

<

[BiA]FRAGMAN

• Archived User
Wip Build 548
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

First, I want to thank you for letting me into the secret WIP-club smile.gif

Now, for some reports on the newest WIP-release:

----------------------------------------------------------
Still FTP trouble connecting to an EvoX 3935 FTP server through UnleashX FTP Client. Blank right screen... Other clients have no trouble. Client is 192.168.0.15, Server is 192.168.0.8

Here is the log from the UnleashX FTP Client:

Connecting to 192.168.0.8...
Connected to 192.168.0.8 Port 21...
220 Please enter your login name now.
USER xbox
331 Password required for xbox.
PASS (Hidden)
230 User xbox logged in , proceed.
SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
REST 100
502 rest is not implemented.
SITE BOOST SUPPORTED
502 site is not implemented.
CWD /
250 "/" is current directory.
PWD
257 "/" is current directory
PORT 192,168,0,15,4,0
425 Can't open data connection to 192.168.0.15:4

Region switching doesn't work with M8 BIOS versions. Trying to switch from PAL to NTSC, but PAL persists.
I've tried it on both 1.6 and 1.4 Xboxes. 1.4 works fine with Xecuter 4983 but fails when running M8/plus.

That is it for now. I hope you can use this information and that you will contact me if you need further information.

pdottz

• Archived User
Wip Build 548
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »

Just installed the latest WIP as an app on my xbox.

here's are my box stats.

-Xbox 1.0 refurbished
-IND-BIOS.5003.67/ on both tsop banks.
-UX 543 build as main dash.
-HDD formatted for F and G drives

Bug/Music on G Drive/
I decided to test the music frontend. I like it. very simple design. the songs play all the way through without cutting off prematurely. There is one bug though. It freezes when you exit the gui and select another track.
I can play the song, press stop and play and pause and all that good stuff. I press B to exit the gui and everything is working until I select another track. The xbox totally locks up I have to get up and power down the xbox and then power it back up.
btw. this is only with .mp3 files since I don't have any other type of audio files on my G drive. <

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Wip Build 548
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(pdottz @ Jan 7 2005, 12:36 PM)
Bug/Music on G Drive/
I decided to test the music frontend. I like it. very simple design. the songs play all the way through without cutting off prematurely. There is one bug though. It freezes when you exit the gui and select another track.
I can play the song, press stop and play and pause and all that good stuff. I press B to exit the gui and everything is working until I select another track. The xbox totally locks up I have to get up and power down the xbox and then power it back up.
btw. this is only with .mp3 files since I don't have any other type of audio files on my G drive.

THis only happens if you are using the file manger to open the music file. I think I reported this in another thread but if you use the audio player it works fine. Again this only occurs while opening the music through the file manager. <

Youltar

• Archived User
Wip Build 548
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 06:51:00 PM »

*possible fixed to those who are using the Live update, getting to 100%, and then craps out. Definitely a proxy issue. This can't be tested until the next release, obviously.

I once had this exact problem. I found a rather simple fix to it. You can NOT rename the  XBE it is default.xbe I had renamed it to Unleashx.xbe once it was renamed I could not use auto update, whether it was wip or not. neither would work.  I renamed it back to default.xbe and every thing works great!

As for the new WIP.. Fantastic. Have not noticed any major issues, other than Audio player not working fully, should be able to create and save playlists, could not figure out how to. <

Kthulu

• Archived User
Wip Build 548
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »

i've never had a problem renaming my wip builds and then getting live update to work.  i always keep the last public build as default.xbe and the current wip as default_wip.xbe until i'm comfortable with the build. <

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Wip Build 548
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 08:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Youltar @ Jan 10 2005, 08:11 PM)
As for the new WIP.. Fantastic. Have not noticed any major issues, other than Audio player not working fully, should be able to create and save playlists, could not figure out how to.

You can press the right thumbstick I think when you are in the audio player and that will bring up the playlist then hit start to be able to edit it.  :beer: <

GunPR

• Archived User
Wip Build 548
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 04:18:00 AM »

idk if is my xbox, but theres something wrong with downloading gamesaves and freeze the xbox getting the gamesave info at that screen??

and if you can add the lines of the gamesaves scroll side to side because some of them cant be read it at all... <

GunPR

• Archived User
Wip Build 548
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 12:12:00 PM »

forgot how i can test the new wip dash? <

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Wip Build 548
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(GunPR @ Jan 19 2005, 01:32 PM)
forgot how i can test the new wip dash?

What do you mean you fogot.  :huh:  If you are a beta tester then UnleashX sent you an email and it has the directions in there. If you lost that try emailing UnleashX or you are just out of luck cuz we arn't going to discuss how to get the WIP here.  ;) <

WisdomWolf

• Archived User
Wip Build 548
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »

You might not be discussing how to get the WIP build here, but how about telling those of us that are interested how to go about becoming a beta tester.  I love UnleashX and would love to help test it out.  I have some knowledge in Java, VB script, and C++ if that helps.  Someone tell me how I can go about either getting into a beta test group or at least who I would talk to. <

WisdomWolf

• Archived User
Wip Build 548
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »

Edit: Double post.  Something funny about this computer at work.

This post has been edited by WisdomWolf: Feb 9 2005, 02:39 AM <

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Wip Build 548
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2005, 09:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(WisdomWolf @ Feb 8 2005, 06:33 PM)
You might not be discussing how to get the WIP build here, but how about telling those of us that are interested how to go about becoming a beta tester.  I love UnleashX and would love to help test it out.  I have some knowledge in Java, VB script, and C++ if that helps.  Someone tell me how I can go about either getting into a beta test group or at least who I would talk to.

Are you retarded? Did you even read the first post of this thread  :evil:  ? It explains exactly what you need to do. If you can't even read/follow directions I don't think you would make a good beta tester. Sorry to hammer this but come on.

This post has been edited by jonathan2007: Feb 9 2005, 05:31 AM <
Pages: [1] 2