xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Using .xbx Image Files In Skin.xml?  (Read 238 times)

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Using .xbx Image Files In Skin.xml?
« on: November 11, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »

As I have no PC I've been limited in my UnleashX skinning experiments to whatever image and skin element files I have on my Xbox. One obvious source seemed to be the UDATA game save icons ((TitleImage.xbx). They are after all what are used for Xbox games you have on the HDD with the game save icon replacing the usual orb in the default skin.

That is exactly what I wanted to do but have it appear permanently as part of the main skin.

I thought it would be a simple matter of copying the TitleImage.xbx into the specific skin folder and then just use it like a .jpg/.BMP/.png/.wmv imge/video file when editing the skin.xml.

Problem is that it doesn't work. I've tried it as a background image and replacing the orb etc and it seems .xbx image files when used like this just won't display as part of the skin. Does anyone know why and if it can be used this way the precise wording I need to use?

Second question: is there any way to creat a circle shape via the .xml? I found the TAGS for rectangle, roundedbox and triangle shapes and they work fine but I would have thought a circle shape would have been very useful too. Is there one?

I've looked for the answers to both questions here and couldn't find anything specific about the first and nothing about the second.