xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Edit Default Skin?  (Read 141 times)

A Murder of Crows

• Archived User
Edit Default Skin?
« on: May 05, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »

Hey all

Alright, so for the most part, the Default skin is the one i put on everyone's system to start, but i have some issues with it....

I'd like to get my newsfeeds working on it.....I'd REALLY like to change the tray status to game title....and i absolutely want to have a video load each time UnleashX starts up.

now, i know the dangers in editing the deafult...but i also know that it USED to be configurable in some manner, based upon the old document i found.

is there any way at all that i can change these small things?  either by having a duplicate of the Default somewhere, or something similar?

thank you

A Murder of Crows

• Archived User
Edit Default Skin?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 01:10:00 AM »

anyone?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Edit Default Skin?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 02:20:00 AM »

Unless UnleashX the man gives you the skin.xml for it you can't the best you can do is make one that looks the same

A Murder of Crows

• Archived User
Edit Default Skin?
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 01:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ May 8 2006, 12:51 AM) View Post

Unless UnleashX the man gives you the skin.xml for it you can't the best you can do is make one that looks the same

I was curious about this....in an old tut on Xbox-Skins, it was stated that the default skin had options that could be edited, and showed the (now blue) orb in green.  i guess those abilities were in an older version only?

kinda blows....would REALLY love to get a custom video loaded as an intro to every skin...sort of a pre-skin video.

kmssd

• Archived User
Edit Default Skin?
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »

I know this an old topic, but I'm thinking that the skin.xml has to be located somewhere on your xbox, or the skin wouldn't have things passed. Also I can be wrong.

Trowtan

• Archived User
Edit Default Skin?
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(kmssd @ Oct 24 2007, 07:07 AM) View Post

I know this an old topic, but I'm thinking that the skin.xml has to be located somewhere on your xbox, or the skin wouldn't have things passed. Also I can be wrong.

Help has arrived: If you look at your skins folder that I am guessing you created there will be similar layout to all skins. I mean Startup, xml, default and some with startup video or splash in some cases. Download  a skin then make a seperate folder on one of your partitions. Name it SKIN  WORKS or whatever, this folder is where you will put all start up videos. You will have to rename them because anything with the name Default.WMV or Strartup.avi etc will overwrite itself. Now in the skins xml that you wish to modify look for strtup video and change the path eg. Startup video\E:UnleashX\Skins\. I'm sure Jezzer( whom I have enormous respect for ) could break this down simpler but I just wanted to lend a hand good luck. More help? I'm in the UnleashX forum