xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Update When ?  (Read 151 times)

Assimilator

• Archived User
New Update When ?
« on: February 19, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »

Ok guys since you guys chose not to include me in your WIP releases I have been waiting very calmly for an offical update but nothing in two months.

Would be good to see more regular official build updates with new features that are stable in your WIP code.

I only say this because i've been watching the WIP threads and drooling at what is comming up in the next release.

An ETA on the next official release update would be appreciated at the least.

Keep up the good work :-)

jonathan2007

• Archived User
New Update When ?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 06:26:00 PM »

wink.gif

Assimilator

• Archived User
New Update When ?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 11:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(jonathan2007 @ Feb 21 2005, 01:32 AM)
I guess you will just have to be patient for a little while longer because James seems to have disappeared so we can do nothing but wait.  wink.gif

Assimilator

• Archived User
New Update When ?
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 12:37:00 AM »

I've noticed unleash aka (James) has been pottering around the forum of late
and published a new WIP

Dude what's the eta on the next official release :-)

sr_sparky

• Archived User
New Update When ?
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 03:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(Assimilator @ Mar 2 2005, 07:43 AM)
I've noticed unleash aka (James) has been pottering around the forum of late

Assimilator

• Archived User
New Update When ?
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 05:30:00 AM »

Dude i'm not trying anger anyone and I'm not pushing for a release I'm just keen to find out when and what new things will be comming  I've tryed to become a part of the WIP bug report team but my skills are not developed enough to deserve that. Even tho i have alot of good ideas and have posted many bugs. Hell I even offered james unlimited access to my server to extend the ftp bug fixes it's full of goodies for the picking.

I am reletivly new to the xbox scene but I am not new to the "scene" in general
it realy puzzels me why the unleashx irc channel on efnet is not buzzing with life.
Is there another channel else where??? or is the enthusiasim of this great dash not worth expessing???

isaac_24

• Archived User
New Update When ?
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 05:50:00 AM »

Honestly, the new beta still has bugs and I'm sure James wants to get the best stable release he can. A new beta just came out in 2 months. That's better than some other dashboards can say so you know he is still developing for it (UX is a one-man project). You are still welcome to try the other dashes but I, personally, wouldn't. UX offers alot in its current state.

To me, UX has alot of potential and nothing else has come out lately to make me want to replace it. A new release will come and build 1218 is still pretty stable (besides FTP; there is still XBMC). If you read the Quick Note in WIP subforum you would know that James has been busy with Real Life lately too. The new WIPs may have brought new features and such, but I would hate for said features to be overshadowed by posts complaining about the bugs.