xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Nice Animated Skin V2  (Read 378 times)

Scaramanga

• Archived User
Nice Animated Skin V2
« on: July 10, 2004, 09:05:00 AM »

the preview video position is good
but the font you chose is horrible.  sad.gif
Could you change the font? and align the text to center rather than right.
I really like how this is comming btw.

$eEnN|i

• Archived User
Nice Animated Skin V2
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 09:05:00 AM »

u should also add a news-source bar someone where on the bottom for those of us who use it beside that awesom skin also some cpu and mb temps would also be nice along with e c an f drive space like make anothere one of those panels come across right above the text. this skin load up so fast it is amazing really good i have to say one of the best

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Nice Animated Skin V2
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 09:14:00 AM »

Looks like there is more space up top for news to scroll and I'd like to see that too.  I also agree I'd go with a different font and maybe left aligned or centered text at least until the right alignment problem is fixed.

world in an oyster

• Archived User
Nice Animated Skin V2
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2004, 10:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (Scaramanga @ Jul 10 2004, 06:05 PM)
the preview video position is good
but the font you chose is horrible.  sad.gif
Could you change the font? and align the text to center rather than right.
I really like how this is comming btw.

don't listen to him!
cluttering up the screen with pointless stuff like temperatures is annoying.
Just press (Y) on your controller if you want to find out smile.gif

The font does suck but the skin is mint. I love the little  japanese text at the top for some reason and the bubbles are rather cool smile.gif
If you do get around to converting xpr's, just use the font you had on the "devise" loading screen (that pre-release you put up in the first thread).

For v.3 why don't you just release an update pack with the new font, config.xml and any updated files, I don't want to have to download another 16mb file on 56k! biggrin.gif

PS - beyond good and evil rocks!

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Nice Animated Skin V2
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 10:42:00 AM »

i think you started off great, but then went far astray.

The  video box is out of place flipping in.  Instead,  having a couple tennacles come together and morph into a preview box would have been nicer.  same could have went for the menu box and a song/newsfeed box.

The bulb lights are too rampant.  a more subtle and slight movement would have been nicer to the eye.

The gray background kills me.  A subtle fog loop in a specific or slightly changing color would make it more appealing.

Other than that, nice work.  And all this was intended to be constructive criticism, nothing more. I think the skin has great potential.

world in an oyster

• Archived User
Nice Animated Skin V2
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 10:51:00 AM »

I agree that the background should change textures every so often, and maybe the preview box is a little out of place....but I think asking for it to be made out of tenticles is a little over the top.

The bulb lights shouldn't all be dimmed, but maybe one or two of them could be toned down a little.
The loading video rocks though biggrin.gif

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Nice Animated Skin V2
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »

but I think asking for it to be made out of tenticles is a little over the top.

A little over the top of what?  He possibly has the skills to pull it off and was just a suggestion/idea to him, not you, as a way to blend the creation of the areas instead of having them flip in to the screen.  I dont think you know what his abilities are to make a comment like that towards the suggestion.

I wish you would be less inclined to shoot down an idea for something you have nothing to do with.

world in an oyster

• Archived User
Nice Animated Skin V2
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2004, 11:44:00 AM »

@ koldfusion
don't get upset man. I wasn't even saying it was out of his area of skills - it isn't.
Im just saying that by overusing a good idea (tenticles) you make the skin less exciting or interesting.

The tenticles that make up a picture box would have to be static as video overlays arn't allowed in unleashx.
The cool thing about the tenticles is they seem alive and even interest the imagination as to what kind of machine/creature they're from (hell I sound like Im analysing something for an english essay).
By making static tenticles it would drain away this interest and livliness.

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Nice Animated Skin V2
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2004, 01:19:00 PM »

you dont have to make them static to do it.  

two tenacle could come together from offscreen.. create the box (in the intro).. then the left and right sides could still "sway" will the center "fixed" points that make up the box would not move.

You're thinking it would take away because you dont know how it could be done and done right, but that doesnt mean it shouldnt be done or cant be.

Im just saying that by overusing a good idea (tenticles) you make the skin less exciting or interesting.

less exciting and less interesting was watching the box flip into the screen.   This skin had great potential and im just sad that it didnt make it there.

world in an oyster

• Archived User
Nice Animated Skin V2
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2004, 02:19:00 PM »

CODE
This skin had great potential and im just sad that it didnt make it there.

Thats just plain over the top! This skin is by far the best unleashx one, although with a little work on the preview box it could become one of the greatest xbox skins?

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Nice Animated Skin V2
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2004, 03:24:00 PM »

Thats just plain over the top!

Over the top of what?

Im just being honest with MY opinion, trying to offer constructive critisizm and provide ideas. You can think its the greatest skin in its current state if you want.. thats YOUR opinion.

Obviously our opinions differ, I offered mine and wont post again to this thread.

Crypty

• Archived User
Nice Animated Skin V2
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2004, 05:14:00 PM »

Now lets not clutter this up with every little thing we can think of people.  I dont know If I would like a newsbar or not, but a good idea would definetly be CPU and MB temps. Id stay away from the HDD space because are you really going to be actively monitoring that? It takes up space and looks awful.

One thing that definetly needs fixing is that text. How about a nice plain text, nothing too flashy. Non-italic white.

Maybe you could make it so news could scroll over the screen but not make a particular visible bar where it scolls. That way people like me who dont like it can just keep newsfeed off and not have some ass ugly grey bar across the skin.

Keep up the good work.

LatinLover

• Archived User
Nice Animated Skin V2
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2004, 10:13:00 PM »

Hi,

very very very nice skin! For me the best UnleashX-Skin!!!

But (for me) 3 things, can be better:
- the font is ugly;  
- the align of the text should be center;
- the previewbox can be bigger;

But i love this skin and I hope you will continue with your work! Great job!!

regards LL

twist284

• Archived User
Nice Animated Skin V2
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2004, 07:57:00 AM »

please please please lets see a simple small font like tahoma 10

teufel

• Archived User
Nice Animated Skin V2
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2004, 11:00:00 AM »

beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3