xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fear...  (Read 245 times)

the joker

• Archived User
Fear...
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »

I think I stand for nothing more than 40 % of the code. Blaz and lys has an obscure amount of code as well.  As far as the kai-lib ( or just libkai as we call it ) we'll release it when it's final together with the engine from team xlink. Mainly because it's not really hard to create, and doesn't take a long time to write. But also because the xlink people don't want to communicate with a lot of people regarding the same errors. More programmers isn't always a good thing when it's smaller projects like this one.  ( lib is quite small )

Mostly talked to TD about these issues tho, he's adding alot of stuff we need - and we're adding a lot of stuff they need. It's getting closer to done, but it takes the time it takes.

Our cooperation mainly fails because of your userbase. I do not wish to have anything to do with them, and absolutely not help them or grant them a single wish. They are very rude and their respect for people working their asses off for nothing that is just stunningly low.
A second issues is some feedback I got from some people I'm not gonna name here, which we have worked together with for a while regarding some systems : "can we have it now? we want to get it out before ava".  This is not my words, it's copy/pasted. Don't even know if it was the correct words or just an interpretation, but he had no doubt - and I had no reason to disbelive him. Didn't piss me off at all either, but I see where it's headed, and I don't see team ava go there. Can't talk for the others, ofcourse, but I have a feeling they think the same way.

We help people develop systems, and if you want to beat us to it - help them in the beginning of the developement which would be where they need it the most, instead of just approaching them when it's cool and done. That's the way we do it, even tho it's often a waste of time in projects that goes dead in a week or so - but sometimes it's a bullseye and it's always worth it.

[BiA]FRAGMAN

• Archived User
Fear...
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2004, 09:02:00 AM »

I really hate to see both developers and users generalising when some individuals either have some warped view on subjects or just writes stuff that can be misinterpreted.

Personally I use and support most homebrew, and even though there can be only one dashboard, I can always use other dashboards as apps, just like it was mentioned earlier in this thread. Localization has so far been my main area, and I really hate to see when the developers take these statements so seriously and gerealise, because this only slows down overall progress on the Xbox scene.

To state my current status, I've been using EvoX since the beginnning and only recently switched to UnleashX as my default dashboard. I like Avalaunch alot and help out where I can, but the stability and features just doesn't suit my needs as well as UX. I need security and stability for my dashboard, but Avalaunch still remains just a menu away, and I check out every new version and use it for ftp-client transfers.

In short, most serious users check out all new homebrew releases and as your dashboards suit different peoples needs, you should support and help each other out with common features.

Wanted

• Archived User
Fear...
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2004, 09:33:00 AM »

Just an observation but I certainly notice a lot of anti-Avalaunch statements/cheap shots etc on the UnleashX board and no anti-UnleashX statements on the Avalaunch boards. IMHO from my own observations there IS a difference in userbase. I know it isn't everyone and I know it isn't one person but that is how it is from what I have seen.

unleashx

• Archived User
Fear...
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (Wanted @ Mar 3 2004, 02:33 AM)
Just an observation but I certainly notice a lot of anti-Avalaunch statements/cheap shots etc on the UnleashX board and no anti-UnleashX statements on the Avalaunch boards. IMHO from my own observations there IS a difference in userbase. I know it isn't everyone and I know it isn't one person but that is how it is from what I have seen.

Well, you haven't seen enough. Not that I condone these acts, but most of them happens outside this forum but somehow manage to find its way and ends up here. If anyone deserves to cry "foul", it would probably be me. Aside from the evox guys, I never saw anyone got lambasted and judge more than me. Words have been put into my mouth, I got blamed for something I didn't do, but still I tried to make ammend and I only ended up being ignored -not once, but several times. If I was a different person, I would have reacted otherwise, but I was trying to prove my sincerity to no avail. Even in private chat/pm/email, I never said anything bad against any person in and outside the scene. In fact, I always try to understand the situation and reason behind, but I don't usually react easily to things like this. I could go on forever but I'm not the type who keep gripes inside. After all, talk is cheap. I'd rather spend my energy on something more fruitful than waste my time with petty things.

If you are implying that any dash has its own userbase, I'm afraid you are gravely mistaken. Seriously, you're not that naïve to think that most people use a single dash till eternity, are you? Well, I'm not and I recognize this from the very beginning. It isn't hard to actually, you just need to think and act like a regular user. Granting that each has its own commited userbase, what IS the difference you noticed, if I may ask?

Lastly, please don't turn this into another pissing contest. I need an open and balance view from the outside. And this is the last time I will have to explain myself. Anyone can believe what they wanted to, but please, keep me out of it.

Wanted

• Archived User
Fear...
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »

I must admit I didn't read all your post cause I don't care. I wasn't starting anything and I don't want to continue anything. It's my opinion and if you don't like it please ignore it.

When I said UnleashX I was only referring to this forum and what I read here. I don't see how you think this relates to you personally. I use Avalaunch by default and I like and use UnleashX too. All I said was what I see and don't mean to insult UnleashX forum regulars. I don't think you are an ahole or your dash sucks etc. Sorry if I offended you but it truely wasn't meant that way. I'm moving on now....

mamajo

• Archived User
Fear...
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2004, 07:20:00 AM »

More great progress news - PS2 Support in Xlink

*UNOFFICIAL LIST OF PS2 LAN GAMES*

* ATV Offroad Fury 2 --(Sony)--
* SOCOM Navy Seals 2 --(Sony)--
* Tribes; Aerial Assault --(Sierra)--
* Twisted Metal Black: Online --(Sony)--
* Grand Turiso 4 --(Sony)--
* Midnight Club 2 --(RockStar)--