xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Upgrade  (Read 90 times)

TheButcherJB

• Archived User
How To Upgrade
« on: February 22, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »

The Readme file says it's ok to just overwrite the xbe file. You don't have to change config.xml at all.

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
How To Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (TheButcherJB @ Feb 22 2004, 01:07 PM)
The Readme file says it's ok to just overwrite the xbe file. You don't have to change config.xml at all.

unless you want to use the new features right?

I believe something should be done about this also...

maybe a program that imports/exports settings and injects it into new config.xml or somethin

prplehz

• Archived User
How To Upgrade
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 03:07:00 PM »

Thanks I think I will just overite the xbe and add any new tags to my current xml.

unleashx

• Archived User
How To Upgrade
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 05:25:00 PM »

Safest way to implement the new features are to set it right from the Settings screen. Unless specifically stated, I always maintain compatibility with old config file, so you don't really need to edit config.xml manually. If there is a total change to a tag, I make sure that the old one maps to a suitable setiings.

Well, thats as far as settings/config is concerned. Menu items are different story, which you have to add yourself.

BRINET

• Archived User
How To Upgrade
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 08:22:00 PM »

unleashx,

so you're saying, like it said in the readme, that just replacing the .XBE is fine if you are updating?  That's what I did.  Regardless, great job as always.

unleashx

• Archived User
How To Upgrade
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »

@BRINET,
yes. All you need is to replace the xbe. Well, even if it's a new install, default.xbe is all that's needed. The dash will create a config.xml will all the default settings. Then you can work from there.

@CaliSurfer008,
exactly. If it isn't there when you modified it, it will be automatically added to the xml file.