xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Unleashx V0.26.0119a  (Read 620 times)

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« on: January 18, 2004, 01:40:00 PM »

smile.gif

et00l

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »

When I choose a skin, it doesn't stay when I reboot. This happened with the last version for me as well. Any ideas?

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 02:02:00 PM »

Press "A" or "B" button. Pressing the "Back" button is for live previewing the skin which will only last till the next reboot.

Hexosys

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2004, 02:11:00 PM »

wow! that's a heap of work, thanks a lot! smile.gif

sirsmooth

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »

OMG, this release is the shiznit...ive been using/testing it since it was released.
I was mad to find a bug so i could post it on here but i cant find one smile.gif

This release has sorted all 3 of my problems that the last version gave me.
Very nice work.

This is the wrong thread to post this i know, but..fuck it /

Sirs

et00l

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2004, 02:51:00 PM »

What about sound in the preview videos? It sounds like it starts and then cuts right out. I also still can't figure out how to get the intro.wmv to load either.

Yuyu

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »

Nice work UX, I'll begin my testing of the .wmv and .xmv on those four Xbox' as I stated in that other thread, tommooroow and post the results in that thread...

Ed_209

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2004, 06:31:00 PM »

Sorry if I sound like a pain in the ass. I have a skin that I really like that doesn't play any of the sound in the video previews. I like it when the preview videos stay silent and the background music just keeps playing. Can you have an option: "mute music when video is playing? yes or no"  ?  That way if people have skins with muted video previews they can keep their music playing nonstop and others who would prefer it the other way can keep their music cutting off randomly.  Other than that I love everything else. Except occasionally unleashx won't restart because of problems loading up skins, but that's another can of worms all together. Thanks for the great work and good luck with whatever personal obstacles in your life you may be having.

edit: **unleashx**
I totally overlooked that option. There's a feature where you can turn on/off the audio for previews, which should determine if background music should be muted or not. It's just a flag, I'll add that in.

parkakid

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »

strange bug started last release. i can only change skins once then it doesnt change skins when i select a new one. i have to use a memory manager or go to msdashboard remove the unleashx save and reboot. i have to repeat this process any time i want to try out a new skin or preview one.

blink.gif   End User error: finally found my problem had a couple of bad zips. unzipped all of my skins and now it works like a charm.

Thanks to the author for this great dashboard! unleashx is by far my fravorite dash and i've tried em all.

sirsmooth

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2004, 09:36:00 PM »

Im not having the sensitivity problem atall, i did last release, seems ok now.
Also my skins are fine, tried like 13 skins and they all worked fine :/

Make sure you guys are using it as a dash not an app.

sirs

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »

I use it as an app and it works fine

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2004, 10:46:00 PM »

Ok well this release is awesome, I'm pretty sure unleashX has passed the beta stage now.  I will continue to use it becuase it's so fast and reliable.

2 bugs I found today.  Both very minor.
1.  When renaming xbe's, the music will make a noise like bad reception for a split second.  This does not affect renaming.
2.  On earlier versions, my xbox was listed as v1.0 (correctly).  Now it says v1.1+.

**EDIT**: I use it as an app with no problems also

dragonforce99

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2004, 01:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (Mr. Chips @ Jan 19 2004, 08:46 AM)
2.  On earlier versions, my xbox was listed as v1.0 (correctly).  Now it says v1.1+.

I just uploaded it to the box, cannot do alot of testing right now ( gotta get back to work ), but I have the EXACT same thing happening.

My BOX is 100% a 1.0 - but it displays as a  1.1+

Thing2

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2004, 03:15:00 AM »

Yeah, still doing the same for me...I'm glad it was narrowed down to the DVD dongle however....I didn't run it before because it wasn't stable, but now I know that it's the dongle...so I'll just take it out until the problem is resolved.

Already had it freeze on me...but I'll test it out without the dongle and see what happens.

edit: Just had it freeze again whilst trying to go to the games section.....random music is on...

yourwishismine

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2004, 04:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (galactacus @ Jan 19 2004, 07:36 AM)
Freezes for me on bootup as well.  However, I noticed that if I click on the tray eject button it 'unfreezes' and loads through fine.  Strange.

It's actually rebooting when you click the tray eject button.  this is by design of the xbox, i believe, and not related to UnleashX.

I have troubles with it locking up on boot up periodically, seems to do it 1 out of 10 times or so.  Also the thing people mentioned about preview video sounds.. and when I scrolls to a app/games that has a preview video, my music stops and I don't get sound from either the preview video or the background music.. that kinda stinks, but I was thinking it was related to an option that is set in the skin I am using, I just haven't taken the time to look into it.  Also, when scrolling through selections in the menu, if I scroll really quickly, sometimes, it locks up and I have to reboot.  The choppy preview video problem with WMV's is majorly improved, but it still doesn't play WMV preview videos as good as MXM does, but that's ok.. I'll just have to convert them to XMV and see how they look then.  Ok that's all the 'bugs' that I've noticed... now I HUGE round of applause for all the new features, I especially love the new action command and the ability to rename xbe titles.. super awesome... great job... and as always... Thank you for all the hard work...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6