xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 253 times)

JbOnE

• Archived User
Suggestions
« on: September 02, 2004, 01:50:00 PM »

Let's keep this interesting - but real lol. Everyone is going to have their own specific quirks they are gonna want the dash to do. But be real - if you can't think of at least 5 other ppl who would want something - chances are it's not gonna float.

Also post in here what helpfull threads you have come accross that you think should be added to one of the other categorized list threads...

pEAcE
JbOnE

This post has been edited by JbOnE: Sep 19 2004, 07:18 AM

coltxL2717

• Archived User
Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 01:25:00 AM »

One feature i think would be very useful is auto renaming of files when doing ftp.  That is to say if a filename is too long or has an useable character that they be automatically renamed so they can keep transfering.

CODE

Doable;)

Also having say main menu orb codes stored in default.xip as say vis orb.xap.  Put the code for the vis orb in there and have final automatically pick that up.  Then having it easilly selected in some sort of menu.  Then we could have 5 or 6 different orbs placed in default.xip with minimal work.  As long as its ____ orb.xap final will  pic it up.

A config mode is a must as well.  It worked for original it should work for final.  (I never really liked Lite too much.)

CODE

Both xap scripting functions - the beta will not be where i'm spending xap time - saving that for xmas release - this is just so you guys don't have to wait to start playing with new features;)

This post has been edited by JbOnE: Sep 20 2004, 09:07 AM

Heet

• Archived User
Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 10:13:00 AM »

Man, cant believe I didnt see this before.  Sorry bout that Jbone.  Anyways, I wondered if we could have it so games AND movies could be booted only with the press of the thumbstick to lauch. Thats one of the coolest ideas of the dash right now.  I wondered if we could have it where if its powered on with a movie or IGR with a movie in the drive, that it would go to the dash and not to the media in the drive.  I know you can name your D:/default.xbe to something else in your bios, but that doesnt take care of movies.

CODE

it wasn't there when you posted :P i put it up when i read your post :)
again though - that sounds doable...

Also, I see that there will be no need for the dongle.  But if we have it hardwired to our boxes to use the remote, is that gonna be a problem?  Im sure youve thought of it but I just wanted to ask.

Wondered if auto shutdown could be incrementalized into say one hour segments so its more customizable.  Good for us people that pass out alot lol.

CODE

dongle will still work as a remote, and auto power off time can be whatever you set it for now - from minutes to hours;)

Thanks man!

This post has been edited by JbOnE: Sep 20 2004, 07:22 AM

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
Suggestions
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »

I have a small suggestion.  For some reason whenever i try to use soundtrack editor or they other program like that which ftps .wma's from your computer to your xbox st.db, my st.db ALWAYS get currupt!  They only way i can add music is by burning it to a cd and then having my dashboard convert each one to wma and add it to the soundtracks, and this is a pain in the butt since i had to erase all my song and i have over 1000 songs i want back on my xbox.  And since i heard how your going to get rid of the 100 soundtrack limit (THANK YOU!!) i was thinking that maybe there might be some way to add in the ability to take a cd (maybe even a dvd?) full of .wma's in folders on the cd/dvd named by artists and just have the dashboard make soundtracks named by the artists (which were taken from the folders on the cd/dvd) and then just copy each .wma inside that folder to the corresponding soundtrack.  Would this be at all possible? Its just a thought, but keep up the awesome work JbOnE!!

CODE

i never had a prob with the Xbox Soundtrack Editor - but i plan on expanding soundtrack functionality period - besides the unlimited # of soundtracks. i plan on adding mp3 support - for both playback and conversion to soundtrack format, as well as a bunch of other goodies;)

This post has been edited by JbOnE: Sep 20 2004, 07:25 AM

Deathman

• Archived User
Suggestions
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 09:52:00 AM »

Is it possible to have it so that the dvd player will play movies with menus etc off of the hard drive as well as from disc...? maybe even have it scan specific folders for movie artwork to display as thumbnails making it easier to select....??

CODE

dvd player isn't functional atm - the price of changing the xbe so much lol - not to worry - future releases will have dvd/movie file playback in them

This post has been edited by JbOnE: Sep 24 2004, 06:08 AM

alfiej

• Archived User
Suggestions
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 04:18:00 PM »

Is it possible for Soundtrack subfolders?

For example, say I had 2 Paul Wall albums.. The main folder would be Paul Wall, the subfolders would be the 2 album names, and in those the actual WMAs.. I hope this can be done, it would kick ass...

Keep up the good work!

CODE

in the still to come added player functionality yes - you can use directory trees instead of the st.db for your music

This post has been edited by JbOnE: Sep 24 2004, 06:09 AM

world in an oyster

• Archived User
Suggestions
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »

i plan on adding mp3 support - for both playback and conversion to soundtrack format, as well as a bunch of other goodies;)

Bare in mind that adding mp3's to the soundtrack would have to be taken care of in a special way so as to prevent error's in games such as PGR2 that allow custom soundtracks but are only built to play wma's.

CODE

obviously there's no chance that a game is gonna try to play an mp3 on your hd - it'll stick to st.db;P

Is it possible for Soundtrack subfolders?

damn good idea.

CODE

see above

This post has been edited by JbOnE: Sep 24 2004, 06:10 AM

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
Suggestions
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »

world in an oyster : what i think jbone meant by he is going to be adding mp3 is that he will just be adding the ability to play back mp3s that you have on your xbox's hard drive, not save songs in the .mp3 format to the st.db and have games play them back.  Only time will tell what JbOnE has in store for this great dash, i know i cant wait!

CODE

exactly :) see above..

This post has been edited by JbOnE: Sep 24 2004, 06:11 AM

Xalcker

• Archived User
Suggestions
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »

Hey JbOnE, i was thinking, if you where able to add ftp to the XBE, it would be possible to add a Xlink KAI UI to the dashboard too... this would be totaly cool...

Just an idea, would be nice to hear a word from you about this..

Keep the good work....

Cant wait for that ftp enabled xbe.

CODE

definitely something worth the doing;) there's alot that can be done so i guess one thing at a time;)

This post has been edited by JbOnE: Sep 24 2004, 06:12 AM

SEHF

• Archived User
Suggestions
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2004, 07:15:00 PM »

It would be cool if you could have a choice of displaying the ring around the orb and the clock panel with a click of a button!

It would also be cool if the Movie, Game, and applications Icons could be disabled/enabled with a click of a button.

laugh.gif

CODE

both can be done in xap scripting - nothing that needs any hard coding;)

-Gadget-

• Archived User
Suggestions
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2004, 02:22:00 PM »

one feature that im really waiting for to make tHc complete (and to make it my default dash) is for it to be able to read the name inside the XBE (and Icon as well if poss !!)

i beleive this has been done ? just not released ? (not icon)
as reading the news by tHc, about all the BlackstormX stuff they put ..
"turned on my xbox (running tHc with a hack so that it reads .xbe names)"

now this would cure the problem which it creates when used along side of PxHDDLoader, where the folder names are not named
as this thread http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=262009

many Thanks, and a thumbs up for all ya doin' for the xbox scene as a whole
Mick ..

CODE

done;)

This post has been edited by JbOnE: Sep 27 2004, 09:09 AM

Heet

• Archived User
Suggestions
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »

Just thought of auto temperature control (like xbmc) and auto time setting if corrupt (like avalaunch).

*fan control, guess that goes without saying if I already suggested auto temp.

This post has been edited by Heet: Sep 28 2004, 11:01 AM

rixter110

• Archived User
Suggestions
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2004, 11:51:00 PM »

One suggestion i would like to see in tHc Final would be maybe settings for interchangable screen savers like in XBMC, and if that could be done instead of the dash dimming then i would like to see the matrix screensaver implemented!!!

just a suggestion... beerchug.gif  user posted image

Heet

• Archived User
Suggestions
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2004, 01:28:00 PM »

One other thing i forgot was the progressive scan patch.  Any way to make it kind of like a toggle in the dash so if you go play it on your friends hdtv or somethin you have a better lookin dash?  Its kind of a very backseat request but figured id ask.

*Another thing that I thought of that may slip into the "be real guys" section, but I thought id mention anyway, is a hide feature per xbe (or folder in general?) so that say you have a game, movie, or whatever else fits in a folder that you dont want displayed you can disable its appearance or have a password to access it?  Like i said tho, it may not appeal to most and its just a thought.   beerchug.gif

x0rcist

• Archived User
Suggestions
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »

Only a small function but i think it's usefull.

The scrolling of game names in the menu when a title is to long to fit in the window. Just like the scrolling of long media names in XBMC.

Also..

RSS feeds would be cool and shoutcast (with recorder?) support.

Keep up the amazing work love.gif
Pages: [1] 2