xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Replacing Original Ms Dash..........  (Read 237 times)

LeadHead

• Archived User
Replacing Original Ms Dash..........
« on: February 18, 2004, 06:05:00 PM »

what was that 2nd xip file that you have to overwright?

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 11:48:00 PM »

I have an original ver.1.0 xbox, but awhile ago i sent it into MS to be fixed; damn dirty disc errors.  They replaced the hdd and dvd rom.  In the process they updated, or replaced with a new one, my ms dash; it now has live as an option in the menu screen.

Anyway, i have the original dvdx-1 patch, and want to patch the original ms dash for region free dvd's, so i can use my remote (dvdx-2 is controller only, as you know).  But, i don't think this patch will work sence my ms dash was updated, right?.  Also:

1) Will deleting  the xbox live stuff from off my hdd enable me to do the patch?

2) Can i just replace my ms dash with my friends ms dash (he also has a ver.1.0 xbox, but with the original ms dash)?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Foe-

simonm2000

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 12:59:00 AM »

Yeah u just have to overwrite the xbe and 2 other files...
not sure what they are off the top off my head... default.xip is one and... theres another one.. if i think of it or have a look at the c: ill post back but i just cant think of it right now

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 12:27:00 PM »

i just have a quick question, if i patch my msdash with the dvdx-1 and progressive scan patch will it sill boot normally wiht my mod disabled? and would i get banned form xbl for having it? or should i set up a second msdash for the patches

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 01:42:00 PM »

Thanks simonm, and if you wouldn't mind, let me know what those other two files are, besides the xbe.

And lordvader, no you cannot run that stuff without the modchip on.

simonm2000

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2003, 07:28:00 PM »

Im not sure which file u need to overwrite as i havent been on the xbox for a while, the dash version you need for dvdx-1 is 4034(well thats the only one i have found to work) you can find this on slayers...
If you patch your dash with dvdx-1 you can still run it with the mod chip off and play xbl (so i believe) should probably search up on it though aswell..