xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Big Probs  (Read 290 times)

KyesaRRi

• Archived User
Big Probs
« on: June 12, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »

Does slayers boot?

Test it, if it does then you have FTP

Now remember that BSX boots from c:\ ONLY and will not boot from anywhere else. Seing as you have a softmod it is going to be looking for the fonts which have been exploited. So its gonna crash on you. You are going to have to hex edit the BSX.xbe so it doesemt look for c:\fonts make it look for c:\texts.

If you need i may b able to make a .ppf for this so you can get BSX up and running.

kronick

• Archived User
Big Probs
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 11:11:00 PM »

thank you thank you thank you

great to have a reply yes i just recently burned slayers no it did not boot but i think i need to use a different dvdr if u know whats best to burn with thompson drive

it doesnt even matter if i get bsx working as long as i get xbox working u no

KyesaRRi

• Archived User
Big Probs
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 11:37:00 PM »

As long as you didnt bugger up the softmod slayers should still boot. Even try the game that you softmodded with. If that doesent boot then you may be in for more problems, all of which can be solved with the use of a mochip. If you are gonna get a chip get somthin like the DuoX2.

kronick

• Archived User
Big Probs
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 11:43:00 PM »

what u mean by bugger up soft mod???

well the only thing that i did was replace xboxdash with the bsx which was renamed to xboxdash also did this in bsx config. and put the bsx files on thats pretty much what the tut i used said so hmmmmmmmmm i dont think that i could have screwed it up

anyways the files i copied over are backed up so it will be easy to replace them its just ftping the thing

also i should burn slayers at 2x with dvd-r right

KyesaRRi

• Archived User
Big Probs
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 01:46:00 AM »

If you deleted the original xboxdash.xbe and make the BSX.xbe xboxdash.xbe then you have killed your softmod. A softmod NEEDS the original xboxdash.xbe to be intact so that it can exploit it to run a BFM bios. You will need to get a chip / someone else to unlock your hdd and fix it for you.

I dont think that i could have screwed it up

You have if you:

replace xboxdash with the bsx which was renamed to xboxdash

kronick

• Archived User
Big Probs
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »

i see well that suxx

but on a stroke of luck the place that modded my box bacs up everyones eeproms on their pc so they re gonna fix it  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif

well just out of curiosity what file should i of replaced

KyesaRRi

• Archived User
Big Probs
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 04:33:00 PM »

well the softmod makes a Bootable From Media Bios [BFM Bios] which has a .xbe to boot. Normally people use the evolution x m8 bios which boots the c:\evoxdash.xbe then somthing like c:\avadash.xbe then c:\xboxdash.xbe but it can be easily edited. So you would have 2 check with the bloke who softmodded it.

Id say that it would have been c:\evoxdash.xbe OR if he used UXE like i do then it would have been e:\systeme\dhasboard\hackdash.xbe

kronick

• Archived User
Big Probs
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »

i see well good to no biggrin.gif