xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bsx Hard Drive Game Backup Naming  (Read 203 times)

PID

• Archived User
Bsx Hard Drive Game Backup Naming
« on: August 19, 2004, 02:03:00 AM »

HDDLOADER is old. Get something like DVD2XBOX or Complex Tools that just makes a folder named from the xbe. Then all will be good.

Zer04evr

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 02:29:00 PM »

you tell em acid

bbolles

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 11:55:00 PM »

lots of good info. thank you. now i just have to modify my AutoInstaller and make sure to let everyone that i mod boXes for that that's what they need to use. i tried it out today and it works great! i didn't mind trying something else i just didn't want to have to re-teach everyone to use something else. mainly wondered if BSX would/did/could have the same feature as EVOX.

but about the other question...
what is the name of the file that holds the BlackStormX logo on the background of the selected orbs. the one that is displayed behind the text on the menus. i want to modify it so that it allows the menu text to be easier to read.

HomicidalMo0se

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2004, 08:35:00 AM »

I think you're talking about menubacking.xbx in the skin.xip? Just delete it and it'll be transparent and cool-lookin'.

bbolles

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »

removing that file worked great! i thought about that but wasn't sure about testing it because i didn't want to render BSX useless. that probably looks better than it would if i would have changed the menubacking file.
thanks!
-Brandon