xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My Suggestions For Bsx...  (Read 141 times)

praenuntius

• Archived User
My Suggestions For Bsx...
« on: July 15, 2004, 09:03:00 AM »

I just tried out BSX 1.1 and have some comments. I'm normally and UnleashX user. I've just tried to post this in the BSX forums, but my BSX login ("praenuntius") won't get me post/reply access.

I'd like to be able to make at least one (the first) orb just a launcher, not a menu or anything. I like having XBMP on my main screen. Also, I didn't test this, but I'd like to be able to change my XBMP orb's individual colour so it stands out.

I think it'd be cool if the orbs where actually arranged in a pentagon, such that the selected orb is in the centre of the screen, and moving selection sideways rotates the pentagon (in the horizontal plane, sort of) so that the next orb is now in the centre. I hadn't watched any BSX preview vids, so this was how I imagined BSX worked in the screen caps.

I've seen this suggested elsewhere, but I think displaying a game's icon would be nice. Maybe choosing the games menu would make the camera zoom in on the games orb and the one adjacent, so it could show the icons.

Anyhow, I like it generally, and I am just amazed that anyone would take the time to augment MS's dashboard given the lack of source code. Cheers to all involved.

CrakkedOut

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 02:55:00 PM »

in order to post in the BSX forums you need another Screen name.....

i do believe that some1 has a tutorial on how to get the game icons to appear

tayior7

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 10:04:00 PM »

CrakkedOut is correct, you have to register for the forums seperatly.

Support for game icons and quick launch from the main orbs are both features you will be seeing in the next release.

thank you for the input