xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Listbox  (Read 99 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Listbox
« on: February 16, 2004, 12:31:00 PM »

I was thinking about making a special mode for the listbox control:

FileMode

When enabled, it would instead take a current path argument, along with wildcard and a boolean "navigation" option to navigate through directories like the FTP server does.

It would save a lot of actionscript code, and allow for a nice file chooser.

Post your ideas here. I don't want it to be too complicated, but I want the listbox to be flexible enough for multi-selection, too.

flattspott

• Archived User
Listbox
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »

Funny you should say this. I was gonne see about converting Kthulu's file opener script when you got the listbox working.

I figure two listboxes on eachside of screen. It'd work pretty much the same as XCommander

geniusalz

• Archived User
Listbox
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 01:35:00 PM »

Could be pretty much like a standard FTP directory listing, pressing A goes into the directory, Pressing B (or anything else) selects it, therefore allowing for multi selection.  Options to filter by extension or to show folders only could be included.

For every control requiring navigation (text box, list box, tree control), Pressing A on the control should go into 'edit mode'.  Otherwise left/right up/down should just move onto the next control.  Pressing A again (or 'done' on the VKeyboard) can go out of 'edit mode'.  This way dialog navigation can be much smoother.

Kthulu

• Archived User
Listbox
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 02:48:00 PM »

Funny you should say this. I was gonne see about converting Kthulu's file opener script when you got the listbox working.

funny YOU should say that cause i was thinking the same thing! laugh.gif

Kthulu

• Archived User
Listbox
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 02:52:00 PM »

It would save a lot of actionscript code, and allow for a nice file chooser.

especially if it alphabetically sorted the listed files...that's what i really hate about my fileOpener...but i'm just too lazy to bother with writing some sorting routines.

geniusalz

• Archived User
Listbox
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 03:15:00 PM »

Talking of sorting, skin listing still isn't sorted (but I guess it can wait till the new skin selector dialog is in place)