xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Hypothetical Bug  (Read 270 times)

flattspott

• Archived User
A Hypothetical Bug
« on: February 02, 2004, 08:37:00 AM »

Right now I use MXM 0.9n6 for my main dashboard and a WIP for my test dashboard. Seeing how they are both MXM I use the same MXM and Menu.xml's for them. I have one C and the other is on F.

Then I thought about this possible bug. What if someone were to make an OverrideScript for _AutoExec (C dashbaod) and it was to launch the WIP (F dashboard) but for some odd reason they messed up and ended up having
_AutoExec (C dashbaod) launch the one oo F and a  WIP _AutoExec (F dashboard) launch the one on C. MXM would go into a loop, loading the versions of itself over and over.

Like I said it's only a hypothetical bug (I think). But you never know, it could happen. Would the current safemode allow to fix this? If not them maybe it could be added. Actually 2 things should be added to safe mode, resetmenucache and a option that will ignore any of the script stuff when loading.

flattspott

• Archived User
A Hypothetical Bug
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 08:47:00 AM »

Also, maybe it would be a good idea to make mxmdebug.xbe use debug_prefs.xml instead of the normal prefs.xml. This way you could keeps things seperate.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
A Hypothetical Bug
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 09:02:00 AM »

Hmmm.... I'll keep that in mind. I'm sure there's a simple enough solution (for example, as you said, using a different prefs file)