xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mxm Or Not...  (Read 88 times)

cwhiteh2

• Archived User
Mxm Or Not...
« on: February 10, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »

A friend showed me an xbox he bought from Korea. He was using a skin where a girl was dancing (christisport). I that was really cool as I was only used to static JPEGS as backgrounds as I'm an evox user. I copied his C drive over mine, but then my box would only boot to the orig xbox dash.

So I got a hold of MXM and renamed the default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe and put in a small mxm.xml file to point it to my skins folder.

Unlike his box, mine starts with a matrix screen that says loading bios, etc.. before my skin comes up. I hit Y and go to configure and try and change the skin, but the fireplace, blade II or the dancing girl skins don't show up, but others do in the same folder (matrix reloaded, alientated2, etc..., as well as The Ring skin which contains a wmv file).

It makes me reboot everytime I change the skin also, the other box didn't require that.

Was I wrong in thinking he had mediaxmenu as his dash, or is there something else I need to do to my box to get rid of loading screens, having to reboot between skins and not seeing skins with xmv's?

thanks in advance

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Mxm Or Not...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »

Sounds like unleashx.

cwhiteh2

• Archived User
Mxm Or Not...
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »

yep, that was it...thanks