xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bj Must Be Gettin Laid  (Read 93 times)

geniusalz

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2004, 12:20:00 AM »

I'd rather there was an MXM than not.

So thank you very much for your most helpful comments.

Rodstorm

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2004, 04:06:00 AM »

When its been, what...4 to 5 monthes, since the last update you cant blame people for asking questions whether you consider that to be helpful or not.
As to whether you would rather there was an mxm or not I think you just have to look at the popularity of UnleashX to answer that one.
Yes we all have lives outside of work that involve family and leisure, BJ isnt the only one to have this entiltement but if you are going to release software and offer updates then you have to commit to it.
If you want me and everyone else to keep using your software then give us something that isnt out dated to use and something that is updated more than every 4 to 5 monthes.

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2004, 05:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rodstorm @ Apr 9 2004, 08:06 AM)
When its been, what...4 to 5 monthes, since the last update you cant blame people for asking questions whether you consider that to be helpful or not.
As to whether you would rather there was an mxm or not I think you just have to look at the popularity of UnleashX to answer that one.
Yes we all have lives outside of work that involve family and leisure, BJ isnt the only one to have this entiltement but if you are going to release software and offer updates then you have to commit to it.
If you want me and everyone else to keep using your software then give us something that isnt out dated to use and something that is updated more than every 4 to 5 monthes.

Ugghh...

Look DUDE... no one has to code this stuff for you... and it takes a lot of time to make quality software of any kind.  Now... re-read what you wrote... BenJeremy has worked hard to contribute a quality piece of software to the xbox-scene... and other softwares are just now starting to MIMIC its features.  Yes MXM 'borrows' ideas and a very few small pieces of code from other softwares... but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, if it makes it a better piece of software in the end (90+% of the code is still done from scratch, by BenJeremy himself).  Yes, it's been a while since the last release and I too would like to see another release soon... how ever.. I much rather see a nice feature rich stable release rather than anything else... so if I has to wait a few more months... so be it...

Yuyu

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2004, 05:18:00 AM »

Yeah that makes alot of sense, so EvoX sucks, just because it never gets updated but like once or twice a year last year.... But yet, it is the most used dash ??? SO team EvoX, by your thinking Rodstorm, should have never made EvoX ??? Hmm, thats very weird indeed, as I 'm not sure the scene would exist and thrive as it does unless someone built FTP into the XBox... And as for MXM.... YEs there are some useful features in other dashes that have gotten more frequent updates, but MXM is far from outdated in its 0.9n6 version.... When the next release comes out, hopefully it will be "up-to-date".... whatever the hell that means....

Rodstorm

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2004, 03:40:00 PM »

What..we're now comparing Evox to MXM..this is getting real silly.
No offence to the Evox team but basically its just that ....basic...thats why people chose mxm or unleashx for their dashboard.
What does up to date mean....it means when I add a new game or wmv I dont have to reset the menu cache and reboot my xbox, it means when I change skins I dont have to reboot....are you getting the jist of this now?
Look, I think I'am right and you think your right so there isnt any point in arguing about it because we'll never get anywhere.
I have nothing personal against you Yuyu as you wrote my mxm menu.xml file to get my console going so for that I'am grateful with your knowledge and I understand Ben is your freind but you also have to understand a lot, and I mean a lot, of people have waited a very long time to see basically nothing happen as yet.
Its lame to keep saying "I'am happy to wait as long as it takes to get it all right" when its taken this long, no one expects it done in a week or a month but lets be realistic with how long its taken so far.
Like I said before, if you cant commit to something and see it through then just dont do it.
UnleashX's updates arent mind blowing but they are an improvement each time, no one asked you guys to redevelop the entire mxm system just upgrade it to make it more managable.
We're not asking you to reinvent the wheel.

Rodstorm

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »

Oh..forgot to mention before..what happened to #mxm on Efnet?
There used to be so many multiple servers and now theres one, sometimes 2 with not a great deal on them.
The good old days...how I miss them when all was good with mxm..sigh..

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2004, 04:26:00 PM »

Like I said before, if you cant commit to something and see it through then just dont do it.

all i have to say is that he WILL see it through to the end.  

sorry its not released as often as you would like, but thats what happens when you have 1 dev working on something this complicated.

at least he isnt hearing "mxm screwed up my box" or "man this last release of mxm just sucks, my xbox keeps locking up"

spillage

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2004, 02:15:00 AM »

unsure.gif , with ordinary needs, just like us. He will have commitments that negate the possibility of continuous hourly investment, just like us! He is doing us all a monumental favour, providing something we cannot. No paydeal, no pension, no nothing, except the satisfaction knowing he did it, and the respect he deserves from YOU! Why don’t you - Rodstorm -go see Bill and ring his chain and demand he pulls his finger out on the XBOX 2, tell him he is taking too long, tell to put his cock away and get moving. Go on, do it now!

What you going to do if BenJeremy decides he’s had enough of this constant bombardment of rampant juvenility and pull out, only to send you the source. Can you sort it for us any quicker? If you can, why don’t you get in touch with him and see if you can help.

Some folks seem happy enough to stand and whine about it, but why not wait a bit longer for the best dash. Bottom line my friend is one of two options.

1 You back the f.. up and wait like the rest of us
2 You take over the code so we can harass you

The last thing we need is MXM to die, don’t forget we need ace coders for the best dash on XBOX 2. laugh.gif  beerchug.gif

Rodstorm

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2004, 03:45:00 AM »

Wow..get me a raincoat after a spray like that...you must have missed the bit when I said I know I'am right and you know your right so why argue because neither of us will get anywhere...so to quote yourself...back the f..k up.
I use UnleashX now like most people who used to use mxm, its not greed its called ease of use.
If you feel like wasting another half an hour of your life then post me back otherwise we will agree to disagree..that simple and theres no changing it.

Yuyu

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2004, 06:21:00 AM »

Here's another idea... Everyone thank Rodstorm for this one...

Closed...
Pages: 1 [2]