xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bj Must Be Gettin Laid  (Read 94 times)

corkinator

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« on: March 29, 2004, 10:01:00 PM »

He better?
Promised deadlines?
Losing fans?
Everyone here wants to say all this?

I think not. On all accounts.

Yes there are fans looking forward to it. Most patiently, some maybe less so, but I don't see any 'you better get this out' type messages other than this.

Well at least one part of your name is correct, but swap penguin with goose maybe
wink.gif

Relax, things are done when they are done and they take their time for reasons. I see no reason to demand or complain about any free program/app, let alone one's that are awesome at the same time.

beerchug.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 02:27:00 AM »

Currently, I am working on some 3-D stuff to add to MXM. As I am doing support for 3-D in the intro screen, it's not much more for me to add it to the skinning and ActionScripting.

The support will also allow you to access .X and .XBG models (hopefully) in the file browser.

There are still a few critical things to wrap up. Between work and MXM, I've been a bit drained lately, but working on the 3-D stuff has "infused me" with a bit higher spirits and enthusiasm.

HOWEVER - if you feel you can do a better, quicker job than I, by all means start work immediately. The code for 0.9n.6 is out there, so all you need to do is start working on it. Nobody else has offered to "take the mantle" so your offer would certainly be unique and noteworthy.  dry.gif

In the meantime, I will continue working on things and try and get the next release out as soon as humanly possible (I am, after all, only one person, one with real responsibilities, real family, and real work). Please do forgive me, however, if I indulge in a couple of hours of playing games once or twice a week, or the occasional movie; or even if I do not code a single line when I come home after standing for ten hours hunched over a test bench at work trying to debug code sent from halfway around the world, then spend two hours on the phone explaining things to the Japanese team that has to fix it.

flattspott

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 09:11:00 AM »

Believe me BenJeremy, If I was a programmer and had visual studio .net I'd help out.

So for now I just have to make do with ActionScripting  smile.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 09:29:00 AM »

Bj Must Be Gettin Laid, cause still no new release!!!

Couldn't help but laugh at the title.. Blow Job must be getting laid  laugh.gif
Sorry... Had to...
Good on you if you are BenJ...
I too would like to help out but i too can't program... and i can't totally figure actionscripting so i better get skinning  laugh.gif

Morglum

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 09:36:00 AM »

Well i for one cant wait for the new release, ive only just started using MXM aswell, but id prefer BJ take his time and make sure everything is working fine. Atleast as best he can given the situation before releasing it, afterall like he said, he is but one man and has a real life.

Oh a side note, this is most likely a know bug/issue, but will this be fixed in the next release? Its nothing major, just a small annoyance?

theultimatechuff

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »

Just wanted to say that Im still enjoying following the dev, been using MxM for about a year now and its been good to see the progress. Looking forward to the new updates / pics / titbits but no rush smile.gif

Yuyu

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 11:44:00 AM »

Seems as though "The Usual Places" has started yet another nickname... How many do you really need?

geniusalz

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »

Who is it again?

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 07:52:00 PM »

depends on which personality you are looking for  smile.gif

The perfect forecast can only be made by Yesterdays Weatherman  <<-- I would love to have that job  100% right 100% of the time. I wonder how many people would watch the show?

geniusalz

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 08:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (koldfuzion @ Mar 31 2004, 12:52 AM)
depends on which personality you are looking for  smile.gif

The perfect forecast can only be made by Yesterdays Weatherman  <<-- I would love to have that job  100% right 100% of the time. I wonder how many people would watch the show?

Well, who was said person previously?

BTW, when you select a smile smiley, it becomes a smirk, which looks better, and that's what the real smile smiley should be like.  If that makes sense unsure.gif

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 10:33:00 PM »

while overall i agree with your post,  that more people felt in tune with MXM development then than they do now,  I just want to zoom in on this one part:

I understand that you don’t like a lot of different “part versions” that’s not totally working to be spinning around
the net for a lot of people to complain about but I (with emphasis to I) would still like to be able to try out the
new functions myself (At own risk).

Prior to the safe mode in MXM,  releasing an unstable version was a very serious problem.  especially if people ran it as a dash with no x-select or anything else to buffer the lockups.  A boot-disc was the only option and some people dont have them, or a way to make them.

While you are more than willing to sacrifice yourself to the development.   There are butt-tons more people out there that expect a finished product with every minor release and wouldn't hesitate to give BJ crap about "messing up their xbox".  An app doesnt just obtain a following because its released.... they obtain a following because there is "word of mouth" backing it up.

Any dev would rather people see the app in Good View and not get a Sour Taste because a version wasnt quite ready.  Thats why it has gone "underground?"  Now a varied group can do checks on different boxes.. and unless something terrible is reported, BJ can sleep at night when it IS released.

Does it suck to read about the WIP's?  hells yea.    But i also think his approach is justified.   Could quicker interm releases be given to the public? Yes....if more could offer to the development process.  BJ is building something others havent attempted yet.

geniusalz

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 11:22:00 PM »

In other words, find more devs!  I'll certainly be looking.  Just wished I could help, but I've worked on nothing this complex before.  (might be looking at it sometime during the four-month summer, and actually contributing something.  nothing like wishful thinking.  but finals coming up soon)

spillage

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

El Barto

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2004, 07:03:00 PM »

People dont understand that homebrew coder have a life beyond coding.
I say, BJ take that time that you need , you better live happy the helping some leechs

Rodstorm

• Archived User
Bj Must Be Gettin Laid
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2004, 11:51:00 PM »

Its very simple really, if you cant commit to a project then dont do it..that easy.
Pages: [1] 2