xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Screensaver  (Read 60 times)

boomboom

• Archived User
Screensaver
« on: March 09, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »

By captured, if you mean video captured, and by converted it, if you mean to a WMV file, then yes, you can do that.  Simply modify the skin's screensaver XML to use your WMV file.

geniusalz

• Archived User
Screensaver
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 06:59:00 PM »

Not many people have had luck capturing good video from the comp screen.  It turns out very very choppy.

However, a TV-out and a TV-in card working together (on different pc's) should work fine.  Crazy idea, but I think it will work.

flattspott

• Archived User
Screensaver
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 07:47:00 PM »

I've always thought it would be cool to have one of them Aquarium Savers converted into a wmv so I could try it out as a MXM saver.

geniusalz

• Archived User
Screensaver
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 07:53:00 PM »

So let this be a shoutout to someone with a setup as described above, who can try this out. smile.gif

ub312g0d

• Archived User
Screensaver
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 08:09:00 PM »

Genuisalz, ya, I could do that If I really wanted to put the time and effort into moving one of my comps around the house, but is it really worth it? If  you can find me a really nice screen saver thats worth the effort maybe I will, but otherwise, its better to just create one.

Cuz ya, my old comp has tv-in, my current one has tv-out

flattspott

• Archived User
Screensaver
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 08:48:00 PM »

SereneScreen Aquriaum, or something like that, google it and you'll find it. It's the most popular fishtank saver.

ub312g0d

• Archived User
Screensaver
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 08:52:00 PM »

ya, but its a freaking fishtank man.  If Its a cool screensaver and isnt either a virtual fishtank or virtual fireplace (which somebody can rip off the virtual fishtank/fireplace dvd if they want to) then I'll consider it.

fLEx7325

• Archived User
Screensaver
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 08:57:00 PM »

watching fish swim around is amusing  laugh.gif   i actually like some of the windows default 3d screensavers.  Though I hardly use screensavers anymore.. Mines off right now.

flattspott

• Archived User
Screensaver
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »

Well I'll do some looking for some really awsome ones then.

However, what about making a wmv from a Visualization plugin, now those could be killer saver, even without being in sync to the music

flattspott

• Archived User
Screensaver
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »

Actually now that I thought about it the Giess plugin for Winamp comes in a Screensaver version too.

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Screensaver
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2004, 04:23:00 AM »

You could also do this with just 1 pc... and I digital video cam... or other recording device...

My video card has s-video out... and my sony digital camera has s-video in..

anyway.. you see .. dump to the digial camera through the s-video out.. then back to the pc via the firewire port... that would work good too..

Yuyu

• Archived User
Screensaver
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2004, 06:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (BloodyMary @ Mar 10 2004, 08:23 AM)
You could also do this with just 1 pc... and I digital video cam... or other recording device...

My video card has s-video out... and my sony digital camera has s-video in..

anyway.. you see .. dump to the digial camera through the s-video out.. then back to the pc via the firewire port... that would work good too..

Dang, How many new X-S nicks you gonna create Bloody ?  blink.gif

ilonely2, yourwishismine, and BloodyMary   huh.gif

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Screensaver
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2004, 06:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ Mar 10 2004, 05:47 AM)
I've always thought it would be cool to have one of them Aquarium Savers converted into a wmv so I could try it out as a MXM saver.

I actually did the xp fishtank one.   The main problem is how long should the video be before you see the cut (going to be impossible to make a perfect loop) and the video obviously doesnt look as good as the orginial once converted.

Not sure if I kept the files and if i didnt I could always make it again.  This time I will post it so you can make a decision for yourself.

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Screensaver
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2004, 10:04:00 AM »

laugh.gif

Check this out as a low res preview (right click and save as):

Nemo Aqurium Preview

Quick question with STOIK since I never used it before. What "Windows Media profile to write WMV" am I supposed to use? I chose Video for broadband NTSC since it made the most sense to me. Does it automatically encode in wmv8 as I didn't see a profile for wmv8 in there.

PS: Yes, Disney/Pixar will be credited for all their hard work.

emanboss

• Archived User
Screensaver
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2004, 12:28:00 PM »

I had the same idea. I always liked the way those virtual aquariums looked on nemo. I've had time to put together 3. 2 are short but if they loop u can't tell. The other is with the fish and ends to where it would start up it would look alright. If you want to check it out I'll put on Xbox-skins. Check it out and let me know what you think. I'm still trying things out so feedback is appreciated!
Pages: [1] 2