xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Replacing Evox With Mxm  (Read 31 times)

badbowtie

• Archived User
Replacing Evox With Mxm
« on: January 08, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »

i installed mxm with the same exact xbox. we got that error 21 prob too. what you need to do is ftp into the box and clear drives e and d.  then with action replay put on the audio hack and then take it from the card and save it to the hard drive.

badbowtie

• Archived User
Replacing Evox With Mxm
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 07:24:00 PM »

btw before u exit make sure these 3 folder are in drives e and d  UDATA, TDATA, and CACHE

pimpherm

• Archived User
Replacing Evox With Mxm
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 07:31:00 PM »

i already have put the audio hack on the hard drive from the memory card. there was nothing in the e drive when i put it there. it seems when we click reboot, and it reboots the system, then try to load MXM up again, it does this. when you go to copy cd, it either starts to copy a soundtrack, or it starts to load, then gives the error 21.... i have no clue why..

oswald

• Archived User
Replacing Evox With Mxm
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »

the audio hack and mxm have never played nice together for me, only the font hack ever got me anywhere with mxm, but in the end I just modded the damn thing, but thats another discussion

I think back then my logic was this, if the audio hack is off, you'll get 21 because mxm isn't signed code, if the hack is on, mxm works but if you have it set to its defaults it will try to play your soundtracks, which the hack has messed with, but it's been a long time and I can't remember the exact chain of events.