xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can You Make The Matrix Start Up...  (Read 50 times)

Be Absentminded

• Archived User
Can You Make The Matrix Start Up...
« on: December 17, 2003, 08:55:00 AM »

I was just wondering if it's possible to use the falling matrix effect used in the startup of MXM as a screensaver as well.  I know that your normally supposed to use video files but could that be possible since it's hardcoded into MXM?  and if it is not possible, is it possible to add that to a later version BJ? (cause that would be a very nice screensaver)

-Jameson

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 09:16:00 AM »

wink.gif

I don't have the required MXM-Skin.xml code handy... perhaps somebody could present it here?

geniusalz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2003, 09:49:00 AM »

CODE

0xffff0000

Obviously you can still put more stuff in the screensaver, and use the falling code as background..

Be Absentminded

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 11:44:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

One more question.  Is there a way to change the color by a setting via the xml or do I only get the color that stored internally in the xbe? (example:  I want a green startup matrix and a blue one for the screensaver)

-Jameson

geniusalz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 11:57:00 AM »

The MatrixEffect gadget paints the falling matrix symbols across the entire screen. Very limited control here. Be sure to define the “Color” element, as something needs to be there to insure the XML parser sees the LayoutElement as a node.

Maybe you take this to mean that the color tag doesn't do anything... Or, you didn't notice the color tag in the snippet I posted.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2003, 12:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (geniusalz @ Dec 17 2003, 03:57 PM)
The MatrixEffect gadget paints the falling matrix symbols across the entire screen. Very limited control here. Be sure to define the “Color” element, as something needs to be there to insure the XML parser sees the LayoutElement as a node.

Maybe you take this to mean that the color tag doesn't do anything... Or, you didn't notice the color tag in the snippet I posted.

Yes, it does do something.

I only meant that you can't define the location and such, for example

You can define the color, and it can be presented in front of a color shifting box, for example.  I think my Matrix skin uses it to good effect in the screensaver.

geniusalz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2003, 01:10:00 PM »

I think I get it.  It draws fullscreen and ignores the Pos tag (which is not needed).
And uses the Color tag for the font color, right?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2003, 04:36:00 PM »

Yes.

Be Absentminded

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2003, 09:48:00 PM »

Ok, this is the last question.  I swear.  Is there anyway to slow down the speed of the screensaver?  Cause it's hauling ass right now.

-Jameson

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2003, 01:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (Be Absentminded @ Dec 18 2003, 01:48 AM)
Ok, this is the last question.  I swear.  Is there anyway to slow down the speed of the screensaver?  Cause it's hauling ass right now.

-Jameson

Not much control over it at the moment. I'll keep speed in mind when I get a chance to get back to it again.