xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Check Out My Modification!  (Read 989 times)

MartialXboxArtist

• Archived User
Check Out My Modification!
« on: December 11, 2002, 08:07:00 PM »

Hi everyone! I wanted to show you what I did to keep my Xbox running COOL..  :D

After finding out they had an AIR COOLER for the Xbox, I was just about to BUY one, but I saw that GameGizmo MADE you choose Express shipping for $18 on a $12.00 item, so I dropped that order fast and thought it was BS!

I noticed that my Xbox (With the first original X-ecuter chip & 80 Gig maxtor HDD installed) got a lot hotter than the one I use for playing LIVE with. I think it's due to running games straight from the HDD. It's just too much heat for that weak fan they have to dissipate the heat well. I had to come up with a better idea than the HUGE air cooler they have out. I wanted something smaller with quieter & stronger fans..... And this is what I came up with below! Please let me know what you think :) Thanks for looking and best of luck with all your MODS...

If you're wondering what I'm using...

There's THREE 12 volt / 0.96 watt fan. The casing I used was from CompUSA. I had to customize it to fit and I colored it black. The fans are blowing AIR IN while the stock fan is blowing it out.

This MOD I did works AWESOME, I can feel the HOT air getting PUSHED out really fast in the back. The space in the Xbox is so small, so the heat can do great damage if it stays inside too long. My HDD is much cooler and so is the power supply unit and so on... I strongly believe the reason why people are having burn outs on their xbox with a bigger HDD and X-ecuter chip is because of HEAT.

(IMG:http://www.wisdomentertainment.biz/xbox/fanmod/XFan4.jpg)

This post has been edited by MartialXboxArtist: Dec 19 2003, 04:19 AM

XBOX420

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 08:38:00 PM »

Hey can you e-mail me or post a guide on how you did that fan mod, Its F**Kn sweet !!!!

[email protected]

lil killer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 08:41:00 PM »

yeah! thats tight. Post a guide and list the parts needed

MartialXboxArtist

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2002, 08:59:00 PM »

I will see what I can do for everyone that wants this mod to cool your Xbox down. I run a Corporation, so my free time are scarce. I am trying to startup a SHOWCASE for all MODS, just keep on the look out for my post when I have it launched.

Thanks for your kinds words about my work, I do appreciate the posts.. :beer: <-- root beer, I don't drink!  :D

I will keep my Xbox running for a full 2 days. I will let my GF play it then just leave it on. I'll post the results to let you know if it stayed really COOL...

Gackt

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2002, 10:14:00 PM »

Check here.

RVD5Star

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2002, 10:15:00 PM »

Man that is awesome!  You just keep turning out better and better MODS!  

Your MODS are some of the best i've seen, and  I would like to hire you to work on my Xbox.  

Let me know if you are interested beerchug.gif

Also, When are you opening up your showcase uhh.gif I am really excited about it!

MartialXboxArtist

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2002, 09:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (Gackt @ Dec 12 2002, 12:14 AM)
Check here.

Gackt, that is the HUGE ugly COOLER I was talking about. My friend that wasted his money at Gizmo told me it doesn't move the AIR well at all. It's a piece of junk. The mod I did has 3 stronger fan pusing air in directly tothe HOT heat sink and circuits..  :)

Don't waste your money on it, not worth it. I will do a tutorial when I can find time and pick up a new camera..                                    

This post has been edited by MartialXboxArtist: Dec 12 2002, 05:28 AM

kkattfish

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2002, 10:25:00 PM »

very, very nice indeed.   beerchug.gif

MartialXboxArtist

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2002, 09:33:00 PM »

kkattfish, my buddy! Thanks a lot for your post!  :beer:

By the way, the GREEN skin you see in the picture is from my good friend kkattfish!  :D

nonamer66

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2002, 09:39:00 PM »

very awesome martial...

that xbox cooler is a wimp. Look at it here... theres only one fan in it.

(IMG:http://media.lik-sang.com/images//large/xbox-coolingfan1.jpg)

Gackt

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2002, 10:03:00 PM »

Indeed, it is smaller, but... why would anyone want to cool down a Xbox? Are you having overheating problems?

KazuyaWaruasobi

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2002, 11:01:00 PM »

The cooler the Xbox, the faster it runs. It's also just fun to mod it with fans and such . . .  biggrin.gif

nonamer66

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2002, 11:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (Gackt @ Dec 12 2002, 06:57 AM)
Indeed, it is smaller, but... why would anyone want to cool down a Xbox? Are you having overheating problems?

better safe than sorry when it comes cooling. also I'm sure he just loves to hack on his xbox and brag about it to us...  biggrin.gif

Gackt

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2002, 10:09:00 PM »

I will not believe that, Xbox games will not run faster on a "cooled" system. Games are made to run perfectly on a standard Xbox with no extra cooling.

MartialXboxArtist

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2002, 11:07:00 PM »

Over heating is one of the MAIN killer of game consoles. I did this mod cause my Xbox was getting a lot hotter. Right now, I have had my system running for a few hours now and it's STILL COOL, so I do HIGHLY recommend you make your Xbox cool as possible. Better to be SAFE than sorry..

The screen you see on my cooler is also a removable DUST cover that you can slide upwards and clean. It helps from dust getting INSIDE..  biggrin.gif Dust and Heat are killers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12