xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Newest Version+debug = Ok?  (Read 75 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Newest Version+debug = Ok?
« on: April 27, 2003, 01:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mage @ Apr 27 2003, 05:51 PM)
I just want to make sure that the newest version of MXM won't have issues with debug bioses before I load it up, it urks me to no end that the newest evox doesn't work with it...

Well, I developed it with a Debug BIOS, so it should be fine.

Perhaps the Evo-X crew should get rid of their Matrix chips and develop in a real environment  laugh.gif maybe that's why they haven't developed anything really new in the last 4 or 5 months.  blink.gif

Mage

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 02:01:00 PM »

I dunno, but what if what I do works...I sure ain't sending it to them, just ubergeek wink.gif

CraiZEAH

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 11:32:00 PM »

Perhaps the Evo-X crew should get rid of their Matrix chips and develop in a real environment  maybe that's why they haven't developed anything really new in the last 4 or 5 months.

OUCH

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 01:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (jokk @ Dec 17 2003, 03:42 AM)
Perhaps the Evo-X crew should get rid of their Matrix chips and develop in a real environment  laugh.gif maybe that's why they haven't developed anything really new in the last 4 or 5 months.

*ough* *ough*  love.gif  Just the more stable and used dash out there  love.gif   *ough* *ough*

jealous ?

"You should all try avalaunch, MxM looks crap compared to it !"
Thats what team ava would have say if BJ worked for them !

"One year after MxM started, it still doesn't flash your modchips and you must use Evox"
Thats what team evox would have say if BJ worked for them !

"I put $5000 in the jar pot shit to see MxM stable one day"
Thats what I would say if I was BJ.

But hell no, no serious devs dish other people work ! let that to fanboy BJ !

"Help to put an end to SniperKilla, use avalaunch", you guys should team up... after all
SniperKilla worked for team gotmods (who made the fabulous NexGen), where is the DVD-Video ripper btw... from the mouth of UberGeek it was stable and working...

Who's jealous, jokk?

I'll just keep adding new features, thank you very much.

Nice screensaver on Evo-X, BTW.... it must have been pretty tough, eh? It took so long to develop, and with all thoise people. Hmmmmm....

I really don't care to get into a pissing match, though. It's all rather pointless. Evo-X was the first, but it's old and "busted", and I understand why you guys remain closed source.

Have a merry Christmas, too...   laugh.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 01:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (jokk @ Dec 17 2003, 05:37 AM)
why can't you stop dishing evox then ?? VERY VERY LARGE EGO maybe

Users don't bring money on homebrew scene, OOOOPS the jar pot is !!
Just let them choose the dash they want, even if the majority use more than only one dash.

yeah IGR from a dash, and trainers and reliable video region switcher, a stable ftpd dont mean much, even not when you can flash your bios, i guess thats too bad...

Merry x-mas

How long did it take EVo-X to get IGR stable?  unsure.gif

As for the FTP, that'll hopefully get worked out soon. Did you ever gett hat PASV thing figured out?  laugh.gif

BIOS Flashing? I've got the code, but it's pretty low on the priority list. Most people flash an X2 BIOS and forget about it (oh... that's got IGR, built in, incase you didn't know). I do recommend Evo-X (well, that and Flash-X) for their rare flashing chores, but honestly, who needs to do that except once or twice a year?  rolleyes.gif

Trainers? Eh. again, low on the priority list.  wink.gif

As for the video region switcher, it's the same one offered to you, and it's better implemented in MXM.  blink.gif

How's the password protection going? How about a decent skinning interface? Real scripting language? Oh, I see. Oh dear. Other dashes (and MXM will soon have, too) have file managers... did I miss that feature in Evo-X? How many other apps are using your source code... oh, that's right.... you've only released an incomplete header file to let others limp along in their network support.  ohmy.gif

I do envy you.... here I am, slaving away, while you get to rest on your laurels and make minor, incremental changes every 6 months or so. Have some fun for me, OK!  biggrin.gif

Have a happy new year, too!  beerchug.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2003, 02:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (jokk @ Dec 17 2003, 06:25 AM)
yeah evox is old,
how can you think you're the only one to know that...
whats the point of bashing it ?

by doing that you'll make more ppl to love evox,
just shut the fuck up and all people you excpected will use your dash maybe...

How many devs you see bashing at other ppl works ?
I'm still sure you're jealous cause you didn't started it at all !

I've only criticized Evo-X.

Ever see me bash XBMP/C? Avalaunch? Unleash(ed)-X? Nexgen/OpenDash?

Nope. They are all great dashboards. I've cooperated with all of them.

Homebrew games?

Nope. Never a word of criticism.

You guys did great work, then you pretty much quit.  Everybody else had to re-invent the wheel because you remain closed source. You've had a few interesting, but very incremental enhancements along the way... but how many people are on your team, anyway? I'm one guy with the occasional, one-shot contributor.

On top of that, I wake up to real thread crapping (not your post) - supposedly in response to posts I've made recommending MXM (when people ask for features MXM has, but Evo-X doesn't).

Why not try acting civil and working with other developers in the scene? Would that really be so bad??

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2003, 05:38:00 AM »

CODE
You guys did great work, then you pretty much  quit.Everybody else had to re-invent the wheel because you remain closed source. You've had a few interesting, but very incremental enhancements along the way...

I don't wanna be a part of this, just simply stating this is TRUE. The EvoX team left the scene in the dark all of a sudden a long time ago. I did not understand why they did it either, like they just didn't care about us, their end user anymore. I just wish they would open their sources, so that the new breed of developers, who care about the scene and the end user still, could use them to improve their own projects. It seems as they are the ones on an ego trip, putting out their little releases then hiding in a hole again, like their shit don't stink. I'm sorry as an Ex-EvoX user, I hate the fact that the EvoX developers would not contribute to what the scene is all about, making each other better by sharing resources and ideas.... I thought that was the principal it was all about...

As for the tip-jar debate, OMG, if people beg you that they want to donate some money to you so you can implement somethin for them, then let them.. It was not like BJ opened up that jar and said, "Hmm I'm gonna make some phat cash releasing this dashboard for the XBox, I'll be the next M$".... The tip-jar is an honor system thing anyway, people can have their money refunded to them if they feel it is not what they want to do anymore..

Again I don't wanna rub anyone the wrong way, as I thank everyone who has ever devoted their time to making my Xbox experience better.

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2003, 08:18:00 AM »

Well, The softhack I put out uses MXM instead of Evox.... Just an FYI!

And I thank BJ for all the great functionality that allowed me to do it!

As far as the Evox/MXM debate, I agree that both dashes have thier purpose, but Evox is being used less and less often on my own system.

I appreciate that they broke the scene open with their release, but have not been very helpfull going forward from there.

I love MXM, and have not found it to be unreliable. Sure it's got it's problems, but what SW doesn't? And the best part is BJ is actively working to address many of them!

As far as Evox having an untouchable feature set and being "more stable"..... Well, I just don't see it!

Flashing.... Ok, but there are standalone apps that do a MUCH better job of it, so I don't really need that in my dash.

Trainers.... This one I can appreciate, but once again, not a requirement by any stretch of the imagination.

IGR in the dash.... Oh this one is a sore subject for me! Evox IGR just plain sucks. It fails 3 out of 4 times, hanging as Evox comes back up. This is the same no matter if using the IGR in the dash, or a BIOS with IGR and the IGR in the dash turned off. Also, many games just won't run with IGR turned on in the dash. You know how many times I have had an IGR failure with the X2 and MXM? Zero! How many games wouldn't work? Zero!

You say that devs don't dis other devs work, well they do if the other devs aren't progressing. I don't see anything being done to Evox to keep it on top. If you can prove me wrong, GREAT, I will be the first to play with the new ver.

So....

Stable...... NOPE!

Most used..... Sure. It was the first, and people don't like change, so if they are familiar with it they will use it, even with problems.

I don't think that any of the anti-Evox comments come from jelousy, I know I'm not! They come from frustration in having something consistantly NOT WORK RIGHT, and no one giving a shit.

Ok... I'm done ranting and raving!

Morden.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2003, 09:11:00 AM »

Thanks for the support, guys.

For the record: While I have criticized the Evo-X dashboard, I have also made my reasons clear. I also give them credit where it's due. My posts in the past that CraiZEAH is flipping out about were mostly responses to people asking for things like password protection, preview screenshots, etc... I have often recommended Avalaunch and XBMP as well as MXM (usually giving MXM second or even third billing). Otherwise, I've responded to the occasional dimbulb who decides to comment on the state of dashes on the Xbox without ever having tried anything but Evo-X.

It has come to my attention that neither Jokk nor CraiZEAH are developers, and while they are clearly associated with one another, Jokk is the only one who claims to be here on Evo-X's behalf.

As such, I must say I'm just a tad angry that they've only come to this board to antagonize Team Xecuter (in their forum) and our group here. Such antics are so childish, even my own 11-year old son is above such crap. I think it's safe to say, they've made no fans here, nor have they convinced anybody of how "great" Evolution-X is as a dashboard. As "apparent" representitives of Evolution-X, they've only served to tarnish the group's image, which doesn't help when they are as reclusive and aloof as they seem to be.

Heinrich is a great guy and I respect him a great deal, and while I've never asked him, something makes me suspect he is either 1) a member of Evo-X's development team or at the very least, 2) very familiar with them. To that end, I think Evolution-X should distance themselves from Jokk and CraiZEAH once and for all and allow Heinrich (if he's willing) to be their 'voice' in the community. Perhaps the attitude we've seen from the other two is the main reason for the way they've put off their user-base. I don't know... but I can't imagine it being anything but an improvement if Evo-X gets rid of these two (CraiZEAH and jokk).

Well, that's what I had to say. a lot of time the scene can be full of egos and assholes... it seems to be the case from one sector, and I hope that can change. You guys deserve better. If a developer isn't here for their users, then why develop anything for the scene? Team Ava - great guys, good support, wonderful developers. XBMP/C crew - again, good bunch, hard workers, great stuff. OpenXDashOS (or whatever  rolleyes.gif ), ambitious, dedicated, keeping it real. UnleashX - the "new guy" from left field, and good stuff. Team Xecuter - BIOSes, FlashX, DVD-RegionX2, and in general kick ass chips (not to leave Team Xodus out, Chameleon is nice too), Wishi, Lantus, mage, Unprofessional, and a hundred other guys slaving away that I haven't mentioned, working on various projects or just giving good advice... thank you ALL for being a part of the community.

Evolution-X, thank YOU for developing the first dashboard. Just as the Wright Brothers developed the first powered flight aircraft, you took to the skies and pioneered a revolution. For that, we should always be grateful. We can only imagine if the Wright Brothers had not rested on their laurels and became a powerhouse int he industry, what might have happened.

Um, I just realized this is starting to sound like a sappy goodbye, but it isn't. I'm still around  unsure.gif  you can't get rid of me that easily.  wink.gif

...but since I'm dispensing thank yous... Thank YOU the MXM users who contribute daily and exercise my mind out of it's daily attempt to attrophy into project management oblivion and get me thinking about new things. MEanwhile, I am quietly taking care of old things... but it all takes time. Thank you for your patience and support.  beerchug.gif

jokk

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2003, 12:02:00 PM »

Who told you i'm part of evox ? That's wrong !

I just made them a site and forums, and forwarded them all what ppl wanted to ask them or tell them, nothing more.

About executor : personnal feeling, evox is not behind, evox have always been nice with them. Even if Executor didn't !

Of what i know Craizeah is not in Evox, but I maybe wrong...

Dunno if they stopped working on it or such but i won't be surprised as so many taluented coders left the scene after few months of work...

And c'mon find a single line where i say shit on MxM or any other dash/apps/bios... I'm just pleased people can choose their dash and even recommanding ava and executor bios in the support chan.

I would be pleased to see all great coders teaming up to bring the best dash/app, but it would never happen due to people having large ego... Also would be pleased to see evox sharing sources but i'm not in their heads...

And now tell us why so many coders left the scene one year ago, when X started to bash for nothing on xboxscene ?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2003, 12:38:00 PM »

Are you two joined at the hip? Where one appears, the other is sure to follow.

I'm glad we cleared up the issue as to your relationship to Evo-X, because that gives our mods and admins a lot more latitude in dealing with the situation. Keep that in mind the next time you want to bash (Yes, bash, BOTH of you) anybody or anybody's product/project.

...and yes, you make Evolution-X look bad the way you've gone around... denying it doesn't make it any less true in this case - nor does accusing ME of bashing make it any more true.

GROW UP.

The difference is plain to those with half a brain: I've CRITICIZED EVO-X for their attitude toward the scene (aloofness) and the lack of development on their dashboard. The only other times I've gotten on anybody's case? Team Xodus for the way they handled the Chameleon affair (we're cool now - and they accept some of my arguments) and that "fake" BIOS release (the one that took an Evo-X BIOS and used the X2 Media patch and LBA48 patch).

I didn't go and dredge up endless old threads and act abusive. I made point blank arguments. I didn't spam threads. You guys, on the other hand, keep attacking people here, and it MUST STOP.

YOU TWO are hurting the scene with the crap you pulled here today. If you can't realize that, then I don't know what else to say - except goodbye to you on behalf of X-S and shooting another note to HSDEMONZ.

Stop acting childish and try a little maturity for a change. You might be amazed at how much nicer people will be towards you.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2003, 12:59:00 PM »

You now this conversation is very unproductive

but just to add fuel to the fire I'd say with the exception of bios flashing/trainers most other full dashes have equaled if not surpassed Evox IE Avalaunch, MXM and UnleashX I dont class XBMP/C as a dash sorry and the way UnleashX is programmign he might surpass MXM very soon hes allready close to being equal

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2003, 01:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (jokk @ Dec 17 2003, 04:49 PM)
I've CRITICIZED EVO-X

I've read a thread were you compare MxM and Evolutinx Forums about number of thread and reply... and you clearly laught about evox users... Half brain ? maybe but not short memory

The image and argument in question was directed at the overzealous Evo-X users who refuse to even TRY another dashboard, but insist on calling Evo-X the greatest thing since sliced bread. I've seen these people jump on others, and I'm really puzzled by their behavior.

It might be for some people... but I'll believe it only when they've tried the rest - not just MXM, but Avalaunch, XBMP/C, Nexgen, Unleash(ed)X.

It wasn't the Evo-X user that was targeted at all, and by missing that fine point, you did yourself and me a great disservice.

For the record, I've tried out all of the dashboards out there, so yes, I can judge for myself and offer my opinion.

How can a person offer a negative opinion of something they've never given half a chance or even tried? Yet it happens with some Evo-X users. I think it's because it's the first thing they are exposed to.

My 74 Malibu was a pretty wicked car IMO, as my first car, but I've owned plenty more since; some better, some not... I wouldn't have said my '81 Citation was a junk heap until I had enough experience to know one way or the other. Some people, on the other hand, are running around in THEIR rusty '74 Malbus (with a mismatched hood and door) claiming everything else is junk - though they've never been in the other cars for so much as a spin. How is that not wrong?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2003, 04:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (jokk @ Dec 17 2003, 05:07 PM)
I think it's over now, i'm no one on this scene and wont judge anyone even after trying all dashs...

People will make their own idea, and will not wonder anymore why everyone laught at you in the homebrew community !

See, it's bullshit like this that just makes you look like a first rate jerk.

GROW UP.

I've said it several times, but the concept escapes you.

geniusalz

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2003, 05:18:00 PM »

Do you have ANY idea of whats going on in the dash scene?
And since when did you become a part of the *cough*homebrew community*cough*?

As all my answers to stupid stuff end:

blah
Pages: [1] 2