xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Loaded Iso With Doesn't Work But...  (Read 91 times)

Scorpion_1169

• Archived User
Loaded Iso With Doesn't Work But...
« on: March 15, 2004, 01:53:00 PM »

Well, I've figured out what the problem is.  Remarkably, it relates to a bug I reported a couple months ago. ( see http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=149659 )

I'm not sure if the cause is the FTP software built into Avalaunch, or the method that Qwix uses to transfer.  (I'm leaning toward the dash being the prob after further reflection, I'll explain when I'm sure)

The problem I had before was that Qwix was transfering to the F: drive of my box even though I don't have an F: drive.  It would never error out, it would just transfer like normal but the files just didn't go anywhere.  

The problem I had last week appears to be somewhat similar.  I was out of space on the drive I was transferring to and didn't know it.  Oddly, the transfer went just fine despite not having the space to write.  The .xbe just happened to be the only file that didn't get written correctly and the app didn't work.  When I transfered with an FTP program, it wrote the xbe first.  At the time of the write, there was enough space so the xbe was intact and the app worked.

Once again, I don't know where the data went.  If the files are transfered to somewhere that doesn't exist of that there is no space for, where exactly is the data going?

fin1581

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 06:52:00 AM »

Why don't you just get the latest ava?

Scorpion_1169

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 02:18:00 PM »

I was under the impression that there were MORE bugs in 0.48.6 than in 0.48.4.  Is this a known issue with .4 that has been fixed in .6?