xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Extracting To Xbox Problems  (Read 214 times)

xionanx

• Archived User
Extracting To Xbox Problems
« on: December 30, 2003, 09:54:00 PM »

There is probably a hardware firewall on your linksys router.  It sounded like the following is what you described.

XBOX<--->4 Port Switch<--->Router<--->PC2
PC1<------^

If it is, then check to see if the router has a hardware firewall.

scribla

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 08:52:00 AM »

Same problem here. I can download/view games etc. But trying to extract an iso to the xbox results in qwix hanging with an empty status window as you described. The status changes on the dash from "version number/users 0" to "0.00kbs/Users 1"

Qwix 1.01
Ava 48.4
host and client on same physical network segment.
No firewall.

Edit: more info that may help, after the "hang" it is possible to abort cleanly and quit the app. However, ava wont allow any further ftp sessions until it is rebooted, even from a different client. However, streaming still start/stops, skins and qwix can still be downloaded, so the stack seems still alive, just the ftp server has died.

scribla

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 04:15:00 PM »

Got it fixed at last.

It worked fine on my w2k server (sp4) machine
But was hanging on my w2k pro (sp3) machine

After initially wrongly blaming things like WinPcap, applying sp4 to the s2k pro machine resolved the issue.
It would be interesting (and helpfull to other or future users) if anyone could confirm if this works for you or even applies to your own particular scenario.

tbird2340

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 09:09:00 AM »

Same problem here.. I can scan for titles, rename titles, download and upload files via CuteFTP but cannot load an ISO.

Just sits there with no progress..

sad.gif

Wireless Geek

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

This continues to be a problem for me as well.  I'm running a 2.8 GHz Dual Core Pentium D with 1 GB RAM on Windows MCE 2005.  The ap works fine on my other PC.  All firewalls are disabled.

Any ideas?  I'll do a little more searching.

The test connection works, it's weird.  The transfer just won't start.

-- Geek

EDIT:  WTF?  I tried transfering in XBMC and the transfer started and ran fine.  Anyone figue out what the heck is going on?

iarkin

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 05:18:00 AM »

I had the same problem using the evox ftp server, but it works with the xbmc ftp server. If you take into account about what people say about closing firewalls. I recon it prolly has something to do with the ftp running in active/passive mode and not getting the ports it wants.

My solution:

1) Works when you run the XBMC ftp on the xbox.

rjq1932

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 04:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(ihenry @ Sep 16 2006, 09:47 AM) View Post

I had exactly the same issues as above and have fixed my Qwix Avalaunch Upload problems making the following changes, on my XP machine, modifying the Network Connection Configuration!

goto network connections
right click on the connection, properties
on the general tab, select configure for the NIC Configuration
select Advanced Tab
change checksum offload to disable or ALL Offload Checksum properties to Disabled
hit ok

Not sure if you need to reboot or not - I did and now Qwix/Avalaunch is uploading at full speed  biggrin.gif , unlike when I used Qwix/XBMC.

Worked for me.

spartan105

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »

Beautiful!!

Just the thing to make it work smile.gif

Thanks

mikejobu

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 06:01:00 AM »

poiygon

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2003, 06:23:00 PM »

I started using Qwix recently for creating xiso. So far it's worked great. Today I tried extracting an ISO back to my XBox, but I ran into a little problem. I load an ISO created with Qwix, select the path to upload it to, then click the "FTP Upload All" button. The Progress window pops up and then nothing else happens. The Progress window displays the current ISO, ISOs Remaining, and Total Size, the rest is blank. When I check the task manager, the program is using 0% of the CPU. If I abort, and click the FTP Upload All button again, I get the same thing, but this time I can't click Abort. I've been able to reproduce this error multiple times and haven't had any successful attempts. Here's some additional information:

XBox:
Version - 1.3
Chip - x2.2 pro
Bios - X2 4979
Dash - ava 0.48.1

OS - XP Home
Router: Linksys w/ 4 port switch using DHCP

Aron Parsons

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2003, 04:39:00 PM »

How long does it sit there?  And is there any network activity (I don't see why there would be?)? Are you sure all of your FTP settings are correct?  I know when creating ISOs it takes a few minutes to get going, but one would think extracting wouldn't take as long.  I don't have any personal experience from this as I've yet to come back aroudn to games I've already conquered (put on DVD after I'm done playing them to free HD space), so all of this is just opinion/theory.

poiygon

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2003, 11:20:00 PM »

There doesn't appear to be any network activity on my router for the XBox, I haven't tried stopping all my services and applications to see if there is any network activity from Qwix. I don't think there would be any activity if it's not using any of the CPU. I've let it sit for over 30 minutes before ending task on the program.

poiygon

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2003, 10:20:00 PM »

I solved my problem. All I did was update ava from 0.48.1 to 0.48.2. I kept my XML from 0.48.1, so no settings were changed.

I did, however, find another problem with Qwix and Ava.
When aborting an FTP Upload, Qwix will continue to send to XBox until the end of the current file, even after the transfer window is closed. The title in the task bar holds the transfer % at where it was aborted instead of returning to "Qwix 1.01". Once the file is ended, the Boost Mode windows holds on the screen and the XBox freezes.

I'll continue to add my findings as things progress.