xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Qwix Iso Not As Fast  (Read 331 times)

snowbladenerd

• Archived User
Qwix Iso Not As Fast
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2003, 01:09:00 PM »

stop whining, or make it yourself

Knocks

• Archived User
Qwix Iso Not As Fast
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2003, 06:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (snowbladenerd @ Nov 23 2003, 05:33 PM)

Stop telling people to stop.  They're just reporting bugs here, jesus.  If THUG or other ISOs indeed get ruined by Quix 1.0, then why wouldn't the author (and the users) want to know about it?  It would only help improve the program in future versions.  Keep the feedback coming, folks.

Xeero

• Archived User
Qwix Iso Not As Fast
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2003, 06:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (Knocks @ Nov 23 2003, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE (snowbladenerd @ Nov 23 2003, 05:33 PM)

Stop telling people to stop.  They're just reporting bugs here, jesus.  If THUG or other ISOs indeed get ruined by Quix 1.0, then why wouldn't the author (and the users) want to know about it?  It would only help improve the program in future versions.  Keep the feedback coming, folks.

In this case I'd be a little put-off if I was the dev.  He's not saying "THUG is laggy...could you fix this?".  He's saying "Scrap your whole ISO creation code and use extract-iso's...it's better."

Devenic

• Archived User
Qwix Iso Not As Fast
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2003, 08:27:00 PM »

I still haven't found anything to really indicate that there is truly a problem with ISO creation in Qwix.  It has been posted many times in other forums on Xbox-Scene that media can vary in its compatibility on different drives.  I don't mean models (like Samsung as a category), but rather individual drives.  And even if a particular brand of disc works pretty well, some individual discs can just be problematic.  I had a batch of TDK DVD+RW blanks.  4 formatted fine and worked well, and one wouldn't format at all.  Does this mean the software was at fault, or the media?

If someone can give me some information that helps me pin down an actual problem, I'll look into it.  But after HSDEMONZ ran through a huge analysis of DVDs made with Qwix, and found that they were no slower (or faster) than any other ISO maker, I'd have to believe that occasionally people are just going to run a slow disc no matter how efficient the ISO is arranged.  As it is, with 2 people telling me the ISOs suck, and everyone else saying the ISOs are fine, it's hard to feel like there's really an issue there.

If THUG or other ISOs indeed get ruined by Quix 1.0, then why wouldn't the author (and the users) want to know about it?

If Qwix in fact ruined the ISO, I'd love to hear it.  The only way the feedback would be helpful to me would be to find out that the same user has tried some or all of the following:
  • Burning the same ISO on another disc of the same brand
  • Burning the same ISO on different brand of disc
  • Trying the burned discs on someone else's Xbox
  • Trying the burned disc on a different brand of DVD drive
  • Burning an ISO of a different game, with some combination of the above
One game on one disc is not evidence of a problem.  HSDEMONZ has done this stuff with 40 different games (you can check out his results in the thread I linked previously in this thread), and found that Qwix does not ruin ISOs.  

One thing is for sure...  the ISO creation code in Qwix will not be removed so that it can instead be delegated to gdfimage or some other external ISO maker.  I have spent a lot of time analyzing Xbox ISO files, and writing the code that makes the ISOs, and I believe Qwix makes ISO files that are as good as or better than any other Xbox ISO files you can make.  If a tweak truly needs to be made, I'm all ears.  From where I sit, I have received no information that would help me identify any real problem or pattern.

Keep the feedback coming, by all means, but feedback in the form of "Your ISOs suck, switch to gdfimage" isn't helpful and is basically ignored.  Feedback in the form of "Here's what I've tried, and here's the problem I've been able to duplicate under these conditions..." is very helpful.

Knocks

• Archived User
Qwix Iso Not As Fast
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2003, 11:53:00 PM »

I wasn't talking about the original poster who asked to replace your ISO builder with something else (heh).  I was talking about the SeasonOfFire guy who said he had some kind of a problem with THUG and was just noting that there was nothing wrong with his feedback.

I actually ran into a problem today myself.  I made a multigame ISO with Quix that was 4,703,000 bytes in size, and tried burning it with RecordNow.  It started burning just fine but froze at 95%.  I've never had a burner freeze before during burning, and I wasn't sure if it was Quix or if the size of my ISO was more than a DVD+R could handle.  RecordNow didn't give me any warning that the ISO was too big, so I assumed that wasn't a problem.

brainstane

• Archived User
Qwix Iso Not As Fast
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2003, 10:05:00 AM »

Try burning with Nero 6.0, knocks. I started out a big fan of recordnow max as well but have found that Nero is actually a little more forgiving with the multi-game qwix ISO's I've been creating.  Dont know why but it seems to burn better.

Xeero

• Archived User
Qwix Iso Not As Fast
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2003, 12:34:00 PM »

Multigame or single-game volumes shouldn't make a difference.  That's odd.

Devenic

• Archived User
Qwix Iso Not As Fast
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2003, 01:08:00 PM »

Correct.  To Qwix, an ISO is an ISO.  Doesn't matter what's in the ISO, they're all just files.

To NERO or any other ISO burning tool it should look like just a big block of data to write; they don't even know the file format.

Nothing I can do about RecordNowMax failing to report big ISO files.

CanBert

• Archived User
Qwix Iso Not As Fast
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2003, 01:43:00 PM »

I had a prob with a multi-disk as well....

Burned the ISO on 3 different formats..no go

I used the MXM multi disk wizard in Qwix and upon further investigation discovered there were 2 default.xbe 's burnt in the root (strange??) so would not boot..however if I went to ava file manager and choose one xbe or the other, the menu would boot and could get at the games on all 3 DVD's i burnt...this was the first time any prob like that happened.

Other then that all ISO's have worked flawlessly

Devenic

• Archived User
Qwix Iso Not As Fast
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2003, 01:47:00 PM »

Well, that's interesting because there is no MXM multi-disc wizard in Qwix.  You sure you're not talking about Craxtion?  smile.gif

daviefresh1775

• Archived User
Qwix Iso Not As Fast
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2003, 11:02:00 PM »

wink.gif

CanBert

• Archived User
Qwix Iso Not As Fast
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2003, 08:54:00 AM »

Ya...lol was Craxion -- lol .. my bad..was tired....lol
Pages: 1 [2]