xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help ; ; Installing Avalaunch  (Read 388 times)

squall7733

• Archived User
Help ; ; Installing Avalaunch
« on: August 20, 2007, 04:40:00 AM »

Hello all ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

So I have this soft modded xbox that is currently running an evox dashboard. This was modded by someone else when I didnt know wtf I was doing - so I'm not sure how they did the mod. I do know what I'm doing now btw. Well kind of...

ANyways I've tried moving in the files to the C:/ and renaming the default.xbe or whatever it was using to laod the dashboard before. Restarted it... nothing happened. I assumed the bios would pick up on the avalaunch xbe since thats what the tutorial said (running a xecuter2 bios of some sort as far as i know). I found a folder on E:/dashboard/ that had an default.xbe so I did the same there.. Restarted... and still nothing happened.

Ive searched the HD and Havnt found anything else that it could be using as dashboard. No clue wher ethis guy put the dashboard... no clue where its running from....

But anyways now I think I need to reflash my bios or something. Thing Is I dont have a clue how to do that. I usualy run a soft mod off a memory card splinter sell save for all the boxes I mod. I tried that to install the x unleashed dashboard and it didnt work either >.<; So not sure what steps to take now. I was thinking if I could read the bios somehow and figure out where its looking for the dashboard this might help me but I dont know what program to use for that, whether it runs off my pc or hte xbox either. Can anyone help me out ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

xlordx

• Archived User
Help ; ; Installing Avalaunch
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 09:47:00 PM »

No you can not flash a softmod xbox you could use pbl but thats another story try renaming avalaunch.xbe to evoxdash.xbe replace in c drive with skin folder ect..and try that-g/l or you could just get aid imho your best bet choose avalaunch.unleashx,evox,and some other dashes with it works with softmods to.

This post has been edited by xlordx: Aug 27 2007, 04:48 AM