xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avalaunch Freezing On Screensaver  (Read 112 times)

freesafety13

• Archived User
Avalaunch Freezing On Screensaver
« on: September 22, 2006, 04:20:00 PM »

alright i've looked up and down through the forums and can't find anything on fixing the problem so i'll post it here.  i just recently switched to avalaunch and when it goes to the screen saver it locks up.  i tried disabling the screensaver but it still does it. i tried with the clock turned on and off and that doesn't work either.  any suggestions.

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 05:07:00 AM »

I would insert an installer disk to get an ip and then ftp into the partition with your dash files in. Then overwrite the avalaunch files with fresh ones. Make sure to edit avalaunch.xml to correctly point to your apps, files, etc. then reboot your xbox and see if it works. Also make sure you are using the most recent xmas build of avalaunch.

freesafety13

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »

i first was using the xmas build than updated to the beta release.  it still was freezing up for no apparent reason.  so i turned off the 480p and 780p settings along with the screen saver but i left the clock function turned on.  i will test it for a couple of days and if it doesn't work properly i'll just switch back to evox.sorry for the edit.  it appears the quickstart function isn't operating properly either. it isn't allowing me to enter directories and files.  i use the onscreen keyboard but they won't save.

This post has been edited by freesafety13: Sep 24 2006, 01:05 AM