xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Keyboard, File Manager, Etc. Too Small To Read  (Read 83 times)

witfill

• Archived User
Keyboard, File Manager, Etc. Too Small To Read
« on: February 09, 2005, 01:26:00 PM »

Looking for the same solution, dirttt.

Check back like 6 pages or so and you'll a number of threads involving "text too small" or "can't read file manager" and stuff along those lines.

Here's one for ya:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=350653

I saw a post too that a guy's booting was messed up after trying to change his resolution to fix the small text problem, so I'm a bit hesitant to fix such a minor problem until we got a solid answer.

witfill

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »

r0rs, I'm rocking 1080i........how'd you change it?  just within the avalunch options, right?  when i tried that i got that it couldn't write to the EEPROM without unlocking the hard drive.

witfill

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »

alright fixed this minor pain in the butt......instead of trying to change the AV options, just go to boot options under main options and disable the 1080i.

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 05:20:00 PM »

Yeah, they aren't sized well for 1080i.  480i/p is fine, 720 is very bearable but 1080i can be impossible unless you have a large screen (probably 50"+).  If needing to do major work, just switch to 480p.  Perhaps some day they will resize them for HD.

dirttt

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 11:48:00 PM »

OK, thanks for the feedback.  It looks better in 420p.  Great...

So, how do I set up avalaunch to run in 480P but still ensure that games are enabled for 1080i?  Is there a setting for resolution in avalaunch that doesn't affect games?

markj

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 09:43:00 PM »

if i set the ava to 480P then will dvds still play at 1080i (in the built in ava dvd player) ? it would be great to get the fonts sized properly for 1080i ...

dirttt

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 03:34:00 PM »

smile.gif

Protonus

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 12:50:00 AM »

The fonts being too small in file manager... is saddening.  It's compleatly unusable on my 30" widescreen HDTV...  Can't read a darn thing.  Everytime I want to use filemanager I need to disable the 1080 mode and restart.  

And unfortuantly, my TV like most CRT HDTV's, does not accept a 720p signal.  So I am either at 480p or 1080i.  

This is my only real gripe with Avalaunch now.  My only other one, the remote control bug.. was fixed.