xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Kotor Ii Question  (Read 1228 times)

clutchman

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2004, 11:14:00 AM »

All of this is no help....I can't get my backup to play at all....any ideas

JediYodaNT

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »

Hello Again Everyone.  Update On My Attempts...
I Have Gotten Past The Terminal Blackout Problem By Playing From The Disc.....Sorry To Say It Folks, But I Believe There's No Way Around It.  My Disc Was My Backup Disc However.  It Wasn't My Origonal.  

And Now More Bad News......We Have A New KOTOR II Problem.   I Made It To The 1st Real World And I've Found My Forst Swoop Race.  The Problem Is That The Times I'm Making Are Not Being Kept In The Game.  Scenario....I Asked The Race Coordinator What The Track Times Were And He Listed Four Of The.  The Best Time To Beat Was Something Like 41:28.   I Actually Made In In 41:18 And He Said My Time Was Unimpressive And That I'd Not Beaten Any Of The Track Records.

I've Seen This Error Posted By Someone Else Somewhere But I Can't Remember Where.  Anyone Else Experiencing This Issue And If So, Have You Found A Way To Fix It Yet?

ahoatam

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2004, 12:19:00 PM »

This is getting nasty.  I tried SonicRaT's solution with a save I had already made right before the terminal - no luck.  I have yet to try it with a brand new playthrough.  I will later if I have time.

It's nice that someone posted a gamesave, but we need a better solution.  While force alignments on the save are negligible this far into the game, it won't allow for replayability in terms of character class or gender.  In other words, it isn't a long term solution.

We need someone who is a true expert tackling this problem.   In the meantime, I'll probably use ColSandoz's savefile to get my fix, but a longterm solution or permenent fix is necessary.

aceman118

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2004, 03:41:00 PM »

for those of you that played fine after the robot part (using disc or whichever method you got to work) you say you had no problems after this? I got passed the droid part using the disc and then only a few autosaves later the loading screen froze. had to use the disc again. then it just happend to me again now. not sure if they are consistant errors cause i went right to the disc to get by them but it still seems to be having problems running off the HD.

tonloc79

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (aceman118 @ Dec 13 2004, 12:44 AM)
for those of you that played fine after the robot part (using disc or whichever method you got to work) you say you had no problems after this? I got passed the droid part using the disc and then only a few autosaves later the loading screen froze. had to use the disc again. then it just happend to me again now. not sure if they are consistant errors cause i went right to the disc to get by them but it still seems to be having problems running off the HD.

i dont think theese r consistent errors cause mine also froze at the droid kill part but after using dvd to get past it im about 11 hours into it .it froze from the hhd for me at the merchant shop on Telos but after reboot i went back to the shop and this time it didnt freeze. i think the game is just buggy/glitchy like the first KOTOR which froze on me about 30 hours into it so i never got to finish it! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! damned Carth freeze glitch thingy! beerchug.gif

Trivster

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2004, 04:58:00 PM »

Ok, I know this may sound strange, but it worked for me.

I've tried all the other recommended workarounds; manual unpack and FTP, editing ini files, watching movies.. I haven't tried DVDR yet, but that was next on my list.

What DID work for me, is to use the EvoX debug telnet mode and freeze the game just as the droid gets hit. Unfreeze. Freeze. Unfreeze.. And then it loaded and continued. From this I gather that indeed the bug is related to the difference in loading between HD and DVD; perhaps the fact that it's trying to stream music from the cached HD while it loads a new level from DVD and the two clash.. or.. whatnot.. I don't know, but I know I finally got past it. Wahoo!

aceman118

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »

Ive been testing it today and my problem has been constant. I load a save and it freezes on the loading screen every time. i go back, play to that autosave point and freezes again. sucks that this is only happening to me but its good its not happening to anyone else. if any has any ideas though, that would be awesome.

vyperstrike

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2004, 05:32:00 PM »

I used DVD2XBOX to rip the game to the hard drive, no noticiable problems, but I loaded a save after the dreaded black screen point.

One note, I read that a few people did the swoop races at the first location said that the announcer guy says he didn't break any of the records, despite the fact that he did.
I beat the 4th place record, and the guy said I didn't break any, but when I ask him what the records are, then he says I have the 4th place record.

Ghaleon

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »

None of these methods have worked. Clearing cache, movie trick, etc.

Has anyone discovered any other ways of fixing this?

tonloc79

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2004, 11:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (aceman118 @ Dec 13 2004, 02:25 AM)
Ive been testing it today and my problem has been constant. I load a save and it freezes on the loading screen every time. i go back, play to that autosave point and freezes again. sucks that this is only happening to me but its good its not happening to anyone else. if any has any ideas though, that would be awesome.

That sounds like a cache problem! i would try deleting ur cache and delete whats inside ur X,Y,Z folders!

Wakeboarder141

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2004, 04:24:00 PM »

I am also having problems with my HD copied version of this game.  I made it past the droid part and I am now back on the Ebon Hawk after getting it back from Atris when you see the cutscene of her saying that the last handmaiden is a stowaway on your ship. I don't seem to have any options open to me. The ship is covered in graphic glitches and almost every path around the ship is blocked off with empty containers all over.  Has anyone else had this and know a way to get past it? Thanks.

blackomegax

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2004, 12:54:00 AM »

where exactly is this bug at? i used qwix to extract the ISO directly to my F drive and i've gotten to korriban so far. no crash.

its just that NO ONE has said what planet the crash is on. just something about the droid and a console..which is pretty vague.

niglingz

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2004, 02:13:00 AM »

watching the trailor worked for me!

using 4982 bios, v1.0 box, alladin chip, dvd2xbox

franchiseplayer

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2004, 02:17:00 AM »

Its on Peragus, a little bit after you meet Atton.

ahoatam

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »

I have found a fix.

[Mods, I don't know if this is within the rules or not...  IF it's a violation, I apologize and please delete this response.]

On elitetorrents, I found a replacement for the default .xbe on kotorII.  I tested it and it got me past the droid/terminal problem.  Haven't tested it anymore than that.

You WILL have to make a new character and start over.

It's about 4.5 megs.  if someone here wants to host it, might be a good idea.

Once again, apologize if this is an infraction of any kind.  I simply want my backup to run solely of the HD.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13