xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Kotor Ii Question  (Read 1227 times)

Yoshimashin

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2004, 11:13:00 PM »

Wow, My Topic Is Still Going?

And Im Yet To Get KOTOR II...

tonloc79

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2004, 02:47:00 AM »

sad.gif

tonloc79

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2004, 05:10:00 AM »

ShallowCorporateRaider

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2004, 09:00:00 AM »

Tonloc79,
Does this method only work for DVD-R backups, or will it work to run the game from the HD as well?
I mean, if you optimize the files according to this guide, but then instead of burning them to a disc, you copy them back to the Xbox HD, does that work?

vox

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2004, 09:12:00 AM »

laugh.gif

bearauto

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2004, 09:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (tonloc79 @ Dec 11 2004, 05:13 AM)
Sniperkil's method seems to work! Follow this link! Props 2 Sniperkil beerchug.gif Proper Backup ISO

Didn't work for me.

JediYodaNT

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »

Ok, Here's My Problem......Duh, Same As The Rest, However, My 2 Month Old Xbox Has A Bad DVD Drive And Because I Modded It I've Voided The Warrenty.  Now, My Friend Brought Over His XBox And We Backed It Up On His And Then FTP'd To Mine.  Other Than Playing It From The Disc I've Tried Everything Else....Editing The .ini File, Clearing The Cache, And Watching The Sith Lord Trailer.  None Of These Methods Worked.  Anyone Find Any Other Solutions Yet?

a0lsux

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2004, 01:39:00 PM »

black screen is easy to fix, mine gets stuck at droid who's dead right afterwards. Can't figure out how to fix that!

ShallowCorporateRaider

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (a0lsux @ Dec 11 2004, 10:42 PM)
black screen is easy to fix, mine gets stuck at droid who's dead right afterwards. Can't figure out how to fix that!

I think the black screen and the dead droid are related, so they are really the same problem.

tonloc79

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (ShallowCorporateRaider @ Dec 11 2004, 06:03 PM)
Tonloc79,
Does this method only work for DVD-R backups, or will it work to run the game from the HD as well?
I mean, if you optimize the files according to this guide, but then instead of burning them to a disc, you copy them back to the Xbox HD, does that work?

I havent tried. When and if i do ill post my results!

tonloc79

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2004, 04:35:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

...ReLLiK

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »

As I always have gone by the 'Save Early and Save Often' philosophy, I have had success with fixing the black screen.

The first time it happened to me, I already had two saves. I got the black screen, found out I could hit START and get the menu screen, so I made save 3. Quit and then loaded save 3... WALAA! Fixed... or so I thought. Proceeded to exit and then got the next loading screen. Unfortunately, I was in the hall with a broken droid and no ability to repair or do anything else relevant. So I then made save 4 with the droid and then quit and reloaded only to get the same broken droid.

I found this forum and proceeded to ftp my ini file and make the changes from anything with a D:\ to F:\Games\KOTOR2\
Uploaded the ini back, then booted KOTOR2 and reloaded from save 3, only to have the same thing happen. Next, I reloaded save 2, and had to redo a section of the board. Saved right before the droid's terminal stuff, and then before the final droid's terminal stuff (the point right before he gets hit). And it played through from there just fine.

What I get from this:
INI file changes fixed the black screen if a game is started new or restarted from a load before the droid gets shot.
There is NO need to clear the cache.
As the game states, Save often and in different slots!

SPECS: XBOX 1.0 / SmartXX / Custom Xecuter BIOS 4981
Hope this helps.

Deryck

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2004, 12:14:00 AM »

So far no problems for me, I have a early xenuim mod, updated with the newest os, evo x m8 bios, and I always have my IGR off so maybe thats why mine worked fine off the hdd?

...ReLLiK

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2004, 01:47:00 AM »

Vamino...

Tried it again with a new character from the start, this time it still went to that black screen.
Have tried reloading 6 times already no luck.

So I must agree that the ini has NO effect.
Also clearing the cache still makes no difference.

Only thing I can reccomend at this point is, try and try again.

MagusIII

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (SonicRaT @ Dec 12 2004, 03:53 PM)
I've posted this in quite a few placs, but nobody seems to do it correctly. This has worked EVERYTIME on every character on various different xboxes.

1. Go to the terminal directly before the blackscreen and save your game. DO NOT ACCESS THE TERMINAL AND OPEN THE PATH BEFORE QUITTING THE GAME.
2. Quit your game and and go to movies at the main menu and watch the sith lords trailer. Watch the WHOLE thing, let it go all the way through until it returns you to the list.
3. After the trailer is finished load your game and *now* access the terminal and open the emergency hatch, and it should go through the droid being shot, and then it'll go to the autosave screen and you'll be back where you should be.

What BIOS'es and dashboards have you done this with? I've tried it, it didn't work for me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13