xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Launching Games From Cd  (Read 63 times)

bigga

• Archived User
Launching Games From Cd
« on: August 07, 2004, 09:34:00 AM »

If you go into Avalaunch options, is there an option to Auto-Launch games?  If so enable this then put the cd in.  Once the xbox recognizes the cd it will load it up

LinksFan1

• Archived User
Launching Games From Cd
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 09:51:00 AM »

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find anything related to this.

Along with running CDs once in Avalaunch, I was also looking to see if there's any way to return to Avalaunch once in the game without rebooting and getting the CD out??

bigga

• Archived User
Launching Games From Cd
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »

Oops sorry mate, just looked at my own xbox where I use avalaunch as an App from Evox, and I wasn't able to find it either.  Also if you have a cd inside and reset the the cd will automatically relaunch.  It is annoying, but this ceases if you have your games backed up to HDD

Crusher

• Archived User
Launching Games From Cd
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 02:56:00 PM »

Do you get the Large CD Picture in the top right corner of Avalaunch?
When you do, just move up to there and press a when it is highlighted.
Just like you would select games, apps, settings directory.

Also, you can go to filemanager and navigate to d drive then run the default.xbe by pressing a again.

LinksFan1

• Archived User
Launching Games From Cd
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 06:21:00 AM »

It seems I'm missing alot of things like this. Yeah, I noticed the CD now that you mentionned it. For XBMC, I failed to notice a bunch of buttons as well. Thanks, it works great.

How about returning to Avalaunch from the launched CD? Is this possible?

kena

• Archived User
Launching Games From Cd
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2004, 06:52:00 AM »

QUOTE (LinksFan1 @ Aug 8 2004, 02:24 PM)
It seems I'm missing alot of things like this. Yeah, I noticed the CD now that you mentionned it. For XBMC, I failed to notice a bunch of buttons as well. Thanks, it works great.

How about returning to Avalaunch from the launched CD? Is this possible?

That is called IGR (In Game Reset). Avalaunch doens't have IGR, so your BIOS has to support it in order to work.

sCouRgE

• Archived User
Launching Games From Cd
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2004, 06:55:00 AM »

Also cheak if u have the lastest up date v0.49.1

mavi161

• Archived User
Launching Games From Cd
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »

i have this same problem. it only reloads the game as a safety feature (i guess you could call it) if you mess up your xbox's hd or whatever you would then have the option to boot from a cd still, it's written into the bios to check for the default.xbe on the disc first when it starts up. (kinda annoying i know) what you can do is use the x2 disabler tool to remove the no reset on eject so that when you eject the game the box reboots itself and comes back to the dash. it's the only lazy way to do it unless you backup to hdd instead of dvd.