xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avalaunch Or Bios?  (Read 83 times)

violent_bong

• Archived User
Avalaunch Or Bios?
« on: March 17, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »

Ok, I upgraded my hd to a 160, then i realized i need new bios, so i got the new X2 4981.06, which just increases my F: partition instead of creating a G: partition.
Now when my bios goto Avalaunch it will load correctly, but when i go into file manager it doesnt show the drive space for any partition accept for the D: drive shows 0. And 90% of the time i try to launch something it will freeze and I will have to reboot my xbox.
Any info on this is greatly appreciated.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Avalaunch Or Bios?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 02:07:00 PM »

Did you format your drive correctly? Your ava.xml has F enabled?

violent_bong

• Archived User
Avalaunch Or Bios?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »

Yeah i formatted my f properly using evox, and it showed all the extra space, put my apps back on, then thats when avalaunch started goin all fucked up...

P.S. I can use the tHc dash just fine. but i want all the little extras that come with this dash...

JoePo

• Archived User
Avalaunch Or Bios?
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 06:20:00 PM »

I'm having a somewhat similar problem, I also have a 160gb harddrive and am using x2 4981.06 bios.  Everything worked fine at first, all the space is shown in the f drive and everything.  But recently avalaunch has not been able to boot any applications or games, it just freezes on the "please wait while launching ____" screen.  THe only things I've recently done are install a few games, the complex tools app, and a few skins.  So i'm not sure whats causing my problem, evox boots all my apps/games fine.  

But about ava not seeing your drive space, its probably not the bios, but it may be your avalaunch settings.  I'd make sure u have the latest version of avalaunch as well, because for whatever reason if your running an old version it may have some issues with big harddrives.  So if its not seeing your drive space than that would make sense with why its also freezing when it tries to load things off the harddrive.

hmmmm

AE6689

• Archived User
Avalaunch Or Bios?
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 06:33:00 PM »

dry.gif

violent_bong

• Archived User
Avalaunch Or Bios?
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 09:39:00 AM »

Ok I will try that. Thanks for the info.

JoePo

• Archived User
Avalaunch Or Bios?
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »

thanks for the suggestions.  I wasn't able to get 4981.67 working at first for whatever reason so thats why I went w/ the .06.  But now I have found that my hard drive it self was a bit faulty, as I started to receive some error 7's, which are "bad block" errors.  I hooked it up to my pc and got the same error, so I sent it back to newegg.  I will try to put the 4981.67 bios on again before putting my replacement harddrive in.  

I did find that the reason Avalaunch was freezing for me when I tried launching games/apps is that I turned on some boot log error option in the menu, which was apparently the problem because when I turned it back off everything launched fine.  

I was still having trouble getting my bios to load avalaunch though, it would normally skip it and go to evox which was 2nd in the boot order.  I am hoping that was because of my faulty hard drive, because I seemed to have some of my "bad/corrupted blocks" in the x partition of the drive, which I'm pretty sure avalaunch uses for temporary files.  So hopefully thats the case and everything will work fine once I get my replacement hard drive.

JoePo

• Archived User
Avalaunch Or Bios?
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »

I had really only copied one game w/  complex tools, and that was ninja gaiden.  I tried copying it first with HDDloader but that didn't work because NG needed some media fix patch, which complex does automatically, but only if I changed the >0< to >1< in the .xml where it talks about the media patch.  But thats probably not you problem because the program should start whether thats on or off.  

I noticed I also have a folder on my computer called ComplexToolsFix which i must have gotten from xbins, which is just a different .xml file.  So I would try getting that file and replacing the old one.  I'm not sure if i used the original xml or that one, but one of them ought to work for you, and you shouldn't really need to edit the xml just to get the program to start.