xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Beggining Graphic  (Read 80 times)

>lys<

• Archived User
Beggining Graphic
« on: May 04, 2003, 03:19:00 AM »

The time spent on showing the splash screen is also used to initialize all the aspects of avalaunch. The splash disappears as soon as initialization is over, so there is no time to save by dropping it.

There are loads of stuff that needs to be initialized when starting avalaunch, network, ftp server, different threads, gameports, keyboard.

We'll probably look into making initalization faster at some point, but right now we're focusing on implementing new features and bug fixing.

xonide

• Archived User
Beggining Graphic
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 08:02:00 AM »

you can make the load time shorter with an new bios? .. an no_ani bios?

razorrifh

• Archived User
Beggining Graphic
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 09:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (xonide @ May 5 2003, 12:02 PM)
you can make the load time shorter with an new bios? .. an no_ani bios?

no, the bios has nothing to do with avalaunch's own coding/program.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Beggining Graphic
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 10:42:00 AM »

Heh.... it's just never quick enough for people.

I sympathize with you guys (Team Avalaunch), as MXM gets the same complaints about it's init screen.

People expect everything to "wink on" - too bad the Xbox is just not fast enough to do that.

deltop: he's talking about the whole shebang. Removing the flubber will make things a tad faster, unless the hard drive takes time to warm up.

the joker

• Archived User
Beggining Graphic
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 12:02:00 PM »

smile.gif   and even yet we aint done initting when it's over, but that's something that will be taken care of.  It's _FAR_ from our main concerns tho, but for you people in a hurry, we've made a "quickstart" so you can start your programs without even entering _any_ menu.

Hehe, yea Benj. nothing is ever good enough wink.gif  I don't pay any attention tho, some of the ideas I see people come with is really good ones.however, we've met many good people doing the project, it's all worth it =)

-TJ