xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Star Wars: Kotor  (Read 146 times)

oriadd

• Archived User
Star Wars: Kotor
« on: January 03, 2004, 12:57:00 PM »

I had this happen too. The only thing I could think to do was go back to an earlier save with the code off. Seems like the inf money screws things up to. For some reason I can't make any storyline cash exchanges ( like a bribe, joining a race, or just *giving* away money ) > It's as if the character has no money (though I can still buy as much as I;d like to in the shops-even with the code off).

imreezm

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 11:40:00 PM »

crap...i don't have any "clean" saves...new game it is then....

mikejf

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 06:18:00 AM »

smile.gif

Krill123

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 06:32:00 AM »

Kinda of like a nuclear fallout..
If everyone on topside are dead and people in the lowe levels are alive.. Haha.. wee

dootdoo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 01:48:00 AM »

I need a bit of clarification, the people dying are the people in your party, and the people you walk around talking to correct? Not enemy characters?

I have a fixed version which stops your party from randomly dying, and the people when I go outside aren't holding their stomachs or laying around dead.. So I believe its corrected, but I need some more information on the exact problem. As for the money cheat, from the code I don't see why there would be any problems related to how he did it.

mikejf

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2004, 05:53:00 AM »

>>I need a bit of clarification, the people dying are the people in your party, and the people you walk around talking to correct?

It's the non-useful people on the upper city level, not your own party that are dead.

What does the max items do?
I'm looking for more repair parts to fix them droids...

LOP

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2004, 12:27:00 PM »

Newest bios 4980.67 Kotor doesn't go further after bioware logo shows. Modchip is Executer 2 pro.

imreezm

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2004, 01:15:00 AM »

ha..i'm back......i was in koriban...used the trainer....npc+bosses died (holding stomach at first)...my party was fine though...didn't try at other planets

dootdoo

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2004, 02:17:00 AM »

smile.gif (I changed it so when it updated health it always set it to 100, but I think some parts of the game check to see if health > max health)

oriadd

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2004, 08:11:00 PM »

Thanks for looking into it Dotdoo.

Turns out the money bug happend after I turned off the inf money code cause I was having problems with my Force disapearing and shut them ALL off. Seems that I had uber money in the vendor screens still but that I'd only show some pittance on the start menu screen...and that number didn't even stay stable..I turned the inf money back on and it works as expected.

More details for deaths...seems that with inf life activated the first time i re-enter ( exit?) from either the ship of any building everyone I could talk to would hold their stomachs....and then die the next time..seemd to be a 2 part process.

If you still want some help I'll be happy to assist. Maybe I'd even figure out how to use the trianer system..lol

dootdoo

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 11:01:00 PM »

smile.gif

I still need help on the money though, I've heard one other report of the bribes etc being broken, but I cant seem to recreate this, since I dont know where you pay people money (I have never played this game, just loaded other peoples saves to run around and test).  I should be able to fix your money issue though, I have traced through the various buying routines, and have great confidence I can write a fix that sets your money high, but not so high as to break certain interactions smile.gif