xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pal Etm Guide  (Read 188 times)

ideas_man69

• Archived User
Pal Etm Guide
« on: January 13, 2004, 06:42:00 PM »

for the people who cant overburn sad.gif what's the best file to delete off the niobe disk?

BigHandsSolo

• Archived User
Pal Etm Guide
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 01:23:00 AM »

If your writer doesn't support dvd overburning, you can try this to burn the pal niobe disk:

1) replace all of the ghost movies (_g.vidpal) with the trans1.vidpal file (better than using the atari.vidpal file and smaller).

(the ghost movies are not used when playing as Niobe)

2) replace the atari.vidpal,  jackin_ghost.vidpal, shiny.vidpal and wb.vidpal with the trans1.vidpal file.

(this replaces the company-logos at the start, and the ghost video when you select his character - which is not used on this disk).

You should find that it will now burn to a dvd without having to overburn.

(If using a soft-mod with PBL/MXM, use the EvoxM7 BFM bios, the Xecuter4979 didn't work for me).

cometdata2000

• Archived User
Pal Etm Guide
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 07:00:00 AM »

PAL version of ETM can be played from DVD-R's,and keeping all movies with the following method:

1. Copy the ETM from XB to PC HDD.
2. Apply the patch (patch #1) bat file.
3. Use the default.xbe (from patch #2).
4. go into movies folder and rename all .vidpal files to .vid (and files in FMV folder).
5. create a copy of the whole ETM folder (example ETM2 folder).

6A. Now to create the game to play Ghost with all movies, go to FMV folder and remove ( g89_n.vid, g40_n.vid, g45_n.vid, g81_n.vid,) in one of the ETM folders.

6B. to create the game to play Niobe with all movies,go to FMV folder and remove ( g40_g.vid, g47_g.vid, g50_g.vid, 81_g.vid, g89_g.vid,) in the other ETM folders.

7. copy the atari.vid 4 or 5 times (depending which character you choose) into the FMV folder and rename to the video files you just removed from the folder.
8. create iso and burn

Now to get this to work on your pal xbox

1. install ENIGMNH-X video select v2 or run from disc
2. select ntsc by pressing B then restart (your Tv may be in black and white at this point dont worry we will change it back later)
3. now place your ETM DVD-R (Ghost or Niobe)
4. when you get to the menu select new game pick easy, normal, or hard then A.
5. save the game to the hard disk for the charachter the DVD is for, then exit and restart.
6. run ENIGMNH-X video select v2 from hd or disc
7. select pal by pressing A then restart
8. place your ETM DVD-R (Ghost or Niobe)
9. choose load game if it gets stuck in pusing light hitting start or A gets passed it and allows you to pick the saved game.

I had all ready turned off in game resets in evox.ini.

the movies play in sink when on pal and when on ntsc are out of sink.

Now before any one starts saying what a pain it is having it on 2 DVD-R's, when it costs £1 for 2 bulpac DVD's you can't complain when the game is around £35.

Also I'm up to the power plant playing with Ghost and have not had any problems, so fingers crossed it works all the way through.

Pandoriaantje

• Archived User
Pal Etm Guide
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 08:54:00 AM »

why did you apply the patch?
if you get the game on a dvd-r you don't need to change the filenames.

only do the movie trick and you should be  set.

no hassle with ntsc or patching  wink.gif

so that should be:

1. Copy the ETM from XB to PC HDD.

2A. Now to create the game to play Ghost with all movies, go to FMV folder and remove ( g89_n.vid, g40_n.vid, g45_n.vid, g81_n.vid,) in one of the ETM folders.

2B. to create the game to play Niobe with all movies,go to FMV folder and remove ( g40_g.vid, g47_g.vid, g50_g.vid, 81_g.vid, g89_g.vid,) in the other ETM folders.

3. copy the atari.vid 4 or 5 times (depending which character you choose) into the FMV folder and rename to the video files you just removed from the folder.

4. create iso and burn

now you should have a Ghost and a Niobe disk, just place the one you want to play into your xbox and start. no ntsc hassle (i guess).

Pandoriaantje

• Archived User
Pal Etm Guide
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2003, 09:14:00 AM »

come to think of it, i'de rather have it this way then a patched xbe.
now you can have it on 2 playable dvd's (one for each character) rather than having it stuck on the hdd.

I think we may have found the answer to our problems... biggrin.gif

Pandoriaantje

• Archived User
Pal Etm Guide
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2003, 01:36:00 PM »

just tried the ghost disk and it works fine, but the Niobe disk is still to big to fit one dvd-r.
mad.gif

cometdata2000

• Archived User
Pal Etm Guide
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2003, 05:27:00 PM »

This was the first game I have had problems with so after seeing what other people had posted I tried loads of different ways but I had already patched the copies I maid to pc hd and could not get another copy of the game as it was borrowed.

and if i wanted to copy it to the xbox hd it would then work.

for burning the niobe dvd, I have my burner set for overburn as when backing up movies I use the limit or just over so I have it set at 5500 sectors = 1:13 this works fine and have only ever wasted 1 dvd by over burning.

sony dru-500ax using veritas recordnow dx

if you think you might waste a dvd put it to test only and it will let you know if you will waste the dvd without you chucking your money away.

Pandoriaantje

• Archived User
Pal Etm Guide
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 03:26:00 AM »

well, i have the same setup (sony dru500AX) but i wasted my last dvd-r so i can't test the overburn.
I hope this works.

This thread should be blaced in a sticky  cool.gif

nyarrgh

• Archived User
Pal Etm Guide
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2003, 08:40:00 AM »

I'm trying a different tack, but I'm editing the xbe.  Instead of copying atari.vid 5 times, for the niobe disk, I edited the default.xbe to point all the deleted files to atari.vid.  eg:
edited :
movies\FMVg50_g.vid
to
movies\atari.vid

I haven't had a chance to try and burn it, but I know it takes up less space.  I just hope it's enough.  If not, I will try this overburning stuff.  I'll test it when I get home, I just finished editing the xbe.

PS: if you try this, make sure your hex editor is in overwrite mode and not insert mode, and fill the rest of the filename with nulls (hex 00). make sure you have a backup copy of default.xbe, so you dont have to go back to ftp if you make a mistake.

This post has been edited by nyarrgh: May 21 2003, 08:45 PM

RED ICE

• Archived User
Pal Etm Guide
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2003, 01:54:00 PM »

Just to let every one know I followed this guide and it worked

for the niobe dvd I set the overburn and tested it before burning and the dvd works fine in the xbox

thanks cometdata2000

DMagic1

• Archived User
Pal Etm Guide
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2003, 10:29:00 PM »

I thought of doing that too long ago but instead I decided to do something a little different. I basically made a 2 disk set for the game. Both disk are completely playable for the entire game. The first disk has the  atari.vid replacing the last  3 movies in the FMV folder( g82_s.vid, g89_g.vid, and g89_n.vid ). The second disk has the atari.vid replacing 5 movies in the FMV folder that are early in the game ( g01_s.vid, g11_s.vid, g27_s.vid, g37_s.vid, g40_g.vid ). You use the first disk to about the start of the sixth mission. You use the second disk for the rest of the game.

You can play with any character on either disk.
Both disk work fine and fit easily.

This post has been edited by DMagic1: May 22 2003, 05:32 AM

King

• Archived User
Pal Etm Guide
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2003, 03:02:00 AM »

Kewl...

yamaraptor

• Archived User
Pal Etm Guide
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2003, 04:15:00 PM »

Okay. im in the process of copying ETM.. So if i do the 2 disk method.. I dont have to remove any media check things? Just do the vid trick make iso and burn? is that correct?

DMagic1

• Archived User
Pal Etm Guide
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2003, 06:12:00 PM »

No you still need to remove the media checks.

King

• Archived User
Pal Etm Guide
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2003, 03:12:00 AM »

OK DMagic1  I have tried this version with a slight change, but wonder if you could clarify something for me.

Did you do this for PAL?

I renamed all the *.vidpal to *.vid and i removed the media check.

However, I get the dirty disk error.

Do you also have to run the patches as I thought that it was only required if playing your copy from the HDD.

Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2