xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Evox.ini Question  (Read 362 times)

AZImmortal

• Archived User
Evox.ini Question
« on: March 02, 2012, 03:56:00 PM »

You can definitely do that, but unless you use EvoX for flashing, it's not useful to actually have them in your .ini (you can just back up your old .ini if you want to save the info though).  You can find the ultimate list of BIOS and flash IDs in HeXEn.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Evox.ini Question
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 05:42:00 PM »

Thanks for confirming that.

I know the obvious thing is just to store the old .inis in a separate folder in the main EvoX folder. It would barely take up any space and I could easily use them if required however unlikely that is now.

But I'm looking for excuses to practice my FTPing and text editing. FTPIng is not something I need to do very often so if I can simply merge the two bios ID lists the exercise will be given some purpose.

What I don't understand in all this is why, presumably intentionally, anyone would create an EvoX installer .ini with default settings which meant some of EvoX's facilities didn't work?

I wonder if the EvoX main dash or the non-softmod app install versions on the AID disc have different .ini files? I'll have to check but it wouldn't surprise me.

AZImmortal

• Archived User
Evox.ini Question
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 10:47:00 PM »

I'm guessing that they didn't want the default .ini to be too jumbled since it can get kind of complicated to include everything. Different installers definitely have different .ini files.