xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Evox Dash Will Not Load, Any Ideas?  (Read 127 times)

_-Gunner-_

• Archived User
Evox Dash Will Not Load, Any Ideas?
« on: November 25, 2009, 07:36:00 PM »

After posting this I realized that I posted it in the wrong area, so this is a repost.  Mods, clean up my mess if you can, lol.

Ok guys,

First off, this xbox has been dead for a while. I just stumbled onto it again when I was cleaning out our storage building. It's been aggravating trying to find out what happened, and how to fix it. It was softmodded with SID 4.0 Nknave, and worked flawlessly, but one day I swapped the connections on it to softmod a buddies box, and after hooking mine back up, NOTHING...It will display the xbox splash logo and then it goes to a black screen and the led turns red (default color with the Evox dash load). It will load up and run retail games fine, but its as if there is no dash to load. The eeprom backup was on a hdd that suffered a head crash, so I don't have access to the eeprom from the backup anymore. I can't load a game save to the hdd to rerun the softmod, because I can't access the dash.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Gunner

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 06:44:00 PM »

Have you tried booting the game used to install the softmod and running Linux?

walker911

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 02:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Nov 29 2009, 02:44 AM) View Post

Have you tried booting the game used to install the softmod and running Linux?

thats a good idea

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 03:33:00 AM »

sounds like you deleted your moded files or modified them in some way. When you moded your friends xbox did you move files from yours to theire possibly instead of copying them? (sounds like what happend to me..)

shouldnt be impossible to fix.. if you can ftp in to the machine you can just move the moded files back.
you say that you cant get to the dashboard, but if you boot to the msdash (usualy via the eject button) can you access that?
if so you can always add the exploits to the saves via a usb mod to controller. usb converter for xbox, or action replay.
if you cant access the ms dash like that you could always use a xboxlive game which should update your dashboard allowing you to boot to the ms dash.

Alternative options would also be to hotswap repair the drive by forcing a error 12 by dissconnecting the dvd drive from the xbox before you boot up then use xplorer360 to transfer the moded files back or transfer the game save exploit to the disk.

But like the above posters said its possible that you have the exploit on your xbox already if you boot the exploitable game used to nstall the mod you should be able to repair via that..

Personally I would use hexen utility disk after i repaired it to install the one click soft mod..

hope this helps.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 05:36:00 AM »

I would have thought the obvious and easiest first thing is actually to try using HeXen or a rescue disc of some sort (burned to DVD-R) and see if the machine in its current state will run that.

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »

I would have thought the obvious and easiest first thing is actually to try using HeXen or a rescue disc of some sort (burned to DVD-R) and see if the machine in its current state will run that.

That would have been a great suggestion, except Hexen wasn't around two years ago when this post was made. Walker911 thought it would be a good idea to drudge up a two year old post to comment on.