xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Modded Xbox With Evox (?) That Goes Directly To Ms Dashboard & Won  (Read 85 times)

Alucard-XII

• Archived User

I've previously installed EvoX on 3 XBox's with no problem.

Last week, a friend asked me to install EvoX on his unmodded XBox. I asked him to mod it first, so he took it to one of the shops here which mods xbox's to play backups, and then he brought it to me.

The first thing I noticed is that the pink Evo X icon shows up on the boot up screen, similar to this video. Then it goes to the MS dashboard.

My main concern now is to boot the Evox dashboard.

I put the Evox CD, and it gave me a message saying I need to insert a game DVD or an audio CD.

- I've tried burning EvoX again on DVD+R's, CD-RW's, tried different brands and burning speeds, with no luck. I've tried those on my other XBox and they worked just fine. They just won't load on my friend's XBox.

- I tried a back up game on it and it worked just fine.

- The MS dashboard seems to work perfectly fine. All the save files are there.

Anyone here has an idea what's going on? Is Evox already installed on the system, given that it shows the EvoX logo at the boot up screen?

How can I load the Evox Dashboard?

Thanks in advance

Heimdall

• Archived User
Modded Xbox With Evox (?) That Goes Directly To Ms Dashboard & Won
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 02:16:00 PM »

Sounds like your friend's Xbox is TSOP  flashed or chipped. The pink Evox logo during boot is the Evox BIOS, not the dash.

Just burn Slayers to a DVD-R (generally seems to be the most widely compatible for reading on Xboxes). Burn it at 4x or slower. Drop it in to the Xbox, cold boot, and select Option 5.

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 05:38:00 PM »

If you absolutely cannot get the disk to boot, change out the DVD drive with another one that will read the disk. Then swap back after you are done.

Alucard-XII

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 02:59:00 AM »

Slayers worked, and evox is running perfectly. Thanks, guys.

I thought I would ask this here too: my own XBox does not run some of the emulators, including fbaxxx, Surreal, MAMEox128, and few others.

They work fine on all the other systems that I tried, but when I try to load them on my XBox, the screen goes black and it appearantly crashes.

I heard it's a bios issue. I hardly have any knowledge on bios, so I would be grateful if someone could help me with it. I really wanna play fbaxxx. Here are my XBox's bios info that I get from Slayers:

--- Chip Type:

Modchip (unkown)

--- 512 BIOSES:

1 - unknown
2 - unknown

--- 256 BIOSES:

1- Enigmah-X
2- Enigmah-X
3- Enigmah-X
4- Enigmah-X

This post has been edited by Alucard-XII: Today, 11:01 AM

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 04:44:00 AM »

What version is your Xbox? How is your Xbox modded - TSOP flash, or chip? Which chip?

This table seems to be arranged chronologically left-to-right, and Enigmah is way over to the left, and is therefore a bit light on features.

To try a different BIOS before you reflash, boot with Frosty's rescue disc, and see if that allows the emulators to run. If it does, pick an appropriate BIOS and reflash. What is appropriate depends on your chip, but any 256k BIOS should work. Have a look at X2.4981, iND-BIOS.5003, Evox M8+.

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 12:48:00 PM »

You may try clearing the cache also. Delete all files in the E:\Cache folder as well as on the X, Y and Z drives.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 11:36:00 AM »

Don't forget to try booting with Frosty's Rescue disc first - it temporarily loads and runs a different (and newer) BIOS, so should give you an indication about whether your problem is BIOS related.