xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Video Missing Some Blue  (Read 68 times)

lostsushi

• Archived User
Video Missing Some Blue
« on: December 07, 2004, 06:13:00 AM »

Hi folks. Hoping someone can offer some advice.

I just upgraded the hard drive in my xbox and everything was working great. Then i noticed that the video now has a strange look to it - stuff that's supposed to be blue is now gray and things that are gray have yellow/green look to it. The effect is pretty much the same as the photos posted in this following topic:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=317362
Aside from this though the xbox is working just fine.

I've done what i think is the required troubleshooting - used different cables, tested the cables on another xbox, checked my motherboard for loose stuff, even "jiggling" the cables   :)  with no change. I've also searched the forums, but can't find anything. It's not my mod either since the same effect appears when the mod is off (booting retail bios/game). So i think i must have done something while opening the xbox that must've caused this.

I guess what i'm wondering now is if anyone has any suggestions on exactly what i should look for as a last restort? i.e. exactly where on the board i should check, or what other things i should check inside the box? A little depressed now cuz i may have a broken box. D'oh.

Thanks in advance for any help.