xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Connecting Xbox To Projector  (Read 325 times)

iwentpp

• Archived User
Connecting Xbox To Projector
« on: January 20, 2004, 09:42:00 PM »

I got the Infocus X1 projector which is 1080i, 720p, 480p compatible.   Then, I hooked a cable I bought (VGA to Component) to my Xbox HD Pack and I get no signal.

I heard that I have to setup my Xbox to pickup 1080i or 720p or 480p signals but I don't know how to do that.  

My Xbox boots up to the Slayers EvoX and all run my backed up games are there but only at 480i.

Is there a way I can configure my Xbox to pickup any of these signals (1080i, 720p, or 480p) via Slayers Evox 2.5?

<

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 10:00:00 PM »

if you already have the HD pack, then just hook it up straight throught the components and then in the MS dash, you'll be able to change the settings so that it picks up HDTV resolutions. You can't do it through slayers,  u have to do it through the MS dash.  <

iwentpp

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 10:07:00 PM »

how do I change it through MS dash?  <

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 09:07:00 PM »

wink.gif, but mess around with all your options until you find the menu section made for the video options. It'll probably be in a area called video options.

NizZ8

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 10:29:00 PM »

Yes, i feel your pain..

Hook up the HD pack, and then plug only the Green output from the HD pack to the Composite (yellow) input on your X1.  switch the modded bios off and boot to the normal MS dash

This will allow you to enable the HD resolutions you want - 1080i looks like shite for the xbox on the x1, i always use 480p / 720p

Once you enable, the HD resolutions, turn off the xbox and then plug in the HD pack back into your component breakout cable to the x1.. fire up slayers and it'll boot into 480p format..  Yay! :)

Most all games will boot into 480p, there's only a select few that only support 480i.

One last thing.. There is a hex-edit you can do on the MS-dash so that it will enable 480p in the MS dashboard.  I'm sure it's on here somewhere but haven't looked it up in awhile..

Good luck mang!  <

NizZ8

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 09:22:00 PM »

smile.gif

-nizz8