xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Movies As Screensavers?  (Read 418 times)

REZN8TED

• Archived User
Movies As Screensavers?
« on: March 16, 2005, 10:36:00 AM »

Hey I was wondering if you could have any video as your screensaver?  I thought that since the one I use for my saver (Brushed blue metal by Jezz X) is animated then I shoudl be able to do the same thing with another video clip ro what not!  Well, I tried it, and no luck....I also tried naming the file extension to .wmv and also .xmv and still no luck!  What I am trying to do is have the aquarium as my screensaver!  IF anyone has any idea why this isn't working, or what I am doing wrong that is prob so simple PLEASE HELP!!!!!

THANX IN ADVANCE! <

blindmist

• Archived User
Movies As Screensavers?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »

you need to convert the wmv to xmv, not just change the file extensions <

REZN8TED

• Archived User
Movies As Screensavers?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 12:16:00 PM »

Do tey got that at the usual places?  I don't think I've seen anything to do with that b4! <

Abe87

• Archived User
Movies As Screensavers?
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 07:26:00 PM »

What you need to do is edit the xml file and in the screensave text section put where the screensave video is located. Like F:\screensaver\screensaver.wmv
You can use xmv files also. <

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Movies As Screensavers?
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 07:32:00 PM »

You can only set a video file to be a screensaver this way. Windows .scr files wont work but if you have the video heres a tutorial I made just unzip it and open the .mht file in internet explorer

tutorial-Convert Videos To Wmv8 Format

it will have to be in .asf .avi .wmv and .mpg format though <

REZN8TED

• Archived User
Movies As Screensavers?
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 11:45:00 PM »

Hey good lookin Jezz :beer:   I am gonna try this in a few!  Also juat a LIL off topic but do you happen to know anything about Java Runtime Enviorment issues? I am using a tutorial to convert morrowind PC saves into Xbox saves and for some reason the SDK will not allow me to open the morrowind.esm or any file at all for that matter....as in like the "Open" window doesn't even appear?  Sorry if this was a bad thing to ask this I am just stressed with a million thing and want to do some mods!!!!!

THANX IN  :beer: ADVANCE AND TO ALL WHO HELPED <