xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unleashx.com  (Read 647 times)

scimitar116

• Archived User
Unleashx.com
« on: December 17, 2004, 10:34:00 AM »

uhh, just checked the ux homepage to see if there were any updates when i noticed..........ITS NOT there anymore!!

see for urself

http://www.unleashx.com/

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Unleashx.com
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »

ZASADAR

• Archived User
Unleashx.com
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 03:55:00 PM »

WHY WOULD ANY ONE CARE ABOUT A SITE FOR A !@#! DASH? theres a forum right here

scimitar116

• Archived User
Unleashx.com
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »

ya i read that post, but when i went to the site, it was still there. also in the post below it someone said it expired in 2005, so i thought the guy who said it expired dec 2004 was BSing or had read something wrong. today was first time i saw it was gone.

@ zasadar, its damn useful, thats why! na j\k, i mostly wanted one for a list of scripting functions. (of course thats assuming there would be one laugh.gif )

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Unleashx.com
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 07:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (scimitar116 @ Dec 18 2004, 02:10 AM)
ya i read that post, but when i went to the site, it was still there.

Probably you IP provider had cached the site

This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Dec 18 2004, 03:22 AM

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx.com
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 11:37:00 PM »

I don't know the entire story but the man maintaining the site must be really busy.

I don't run the site, nor can I take additional task to maintain or even create one. Xantium and HSDEMONZ has offered to host it under a subdomain on several occasions, but I know zilch on PHP, 'coz I'm an MS guy. Xantium suggested Php nuke, which I heard should be really good. I just haven't had the time to sit down and look at it. Anyway, if anyone is willing to donate their time and is very good with PHP, let me know. I don't need a flashy site, just something people can go to, as an alternative source of info.

Kthulu

• Archived User
Unleashx.com
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 01:16:00 AM »

i'm curious...why would it involve alot of PHP?  i mean what kinds of things would need to be on the site that couldn't be accomplished with plain ol' html?  i know there are things that would be nice to have on the site that would need to be done with php, but i can't think of many.

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx.com
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 01:24:00 AM »

Well, that is quite true. I still need a good designer though, as my taste for graphics is not something I'm proud of. :lol:

Kthulu

• Archived User
Unleashx.com
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 01:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Dec 18 2004, 03:56 AM)
Well, that is quite true. I still need a good designer though, as my taste for graphics is not something I'm proud of. laugh.gif

my ability to conjure graphics is quite limited, but i'm rather fond of my own tastes smile.gif  of course, i doubt others are as fond of them laugh.gif

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Unleashx.com
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 06:05:00 AM »

im sure anyone with moderate abilities could make a decent enough site for what it would be needed for, as said, nothing really too special, as most everything can be covered here on the boards,
it would mostly be stuff that is in the stickies and FAQs and stuff prolly.

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Unleashx.com
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2004, 04:02:00 PM »

So now both Javienn and Hydraulix have disappeared  blink.gif  Maybe someone is targeting the unleashx website designers and having them killed  ph34r.gif   laugh.gif

Diontae18

• Archived User
Unleashx.com
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2004, 05:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (jonathan2007 @ Dec 18 2004, 07:05 PM)
So now both Javienn and Hydraulix have disappeared  blink.gif  Maybe someone is targeting the unleashx website designers and having them killed  ph34r.gif   laugh.gif

No, It's just the bandwidth has exceeded, The UnleashX website Will be back up in a day or 2. Don't ask me how I know just watch and see. wink.gif

hydraulix

• Archived User
Unleashx.com
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »

nah the domain ran out. i gotta renew it tonite or tomorrow. holidays are rough for me at work because I kind of work in retail (custom a/v installation) and I literally work 7 days a week from november to january/feb.

Ive been thinking about just giving it up, I really dont have time to finish the site and maintain it (god only knows where Javienn has gone), and theres a huge starving community out there.

The new site design has been finished for months, but I think ive been trying to put too much functionality into it before the launch and have biten off more than I can chew. I have user account creation and panels working, skin feed from xbox-skins, a simple msging system, and some other shit.

If anyone here that is really GOOD with php (and has been around here for quite a while) I can turn over the site and domain. when I say good, I mean write apps from scratch, NOT "oh well I got this code from hotscripts.com and edited it with my name in it".

I take a LOT of pride in my work and refuse to give it up to just anyone that wants to just fuck around with the design and layout and guesswork at the coding to get it finished.

Any takers PM me with a damn good reason why you should take it over. Id really like to see my layout used, but I could care less about the existing php. its kind of sloppy but it works.

With that said, im going out on my only night off to get loaded.

This post has been edited by hydraulix: Dec 19 2004, 01:58 AM

isaac_24

• Archived User
Unleashx.com
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2004, 01:32:00 AM »

I really think you are going too far out there for the website. A simple website with the features, some news, a link to these forums, and possibly some screenies is all you need. Oh yeah, the logo too and that's done. I mean, who are you competing against? Something like this would take what, a week?

Kthulu

• Archived User
Unleashx.com
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2004, 03:04:00 AM »

i'll have to agree with isaac_24.  the messaging sounds very cool but very unneccessary.  we have these forums for that.  i'm assuming the messaging was the reason behind the user account creation, so that could go too.  the skin feed is a definite keeper.

i just wish we had a site that provided detailed documentation in a user-friendly manner that was also attractive and professional looking.
Pages: [1] 2