xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Http Status 11002, But Network/internet Works  (Read 466 times)

kaiguy210

• Archived User
Http Status 11002, But Network/internet Works
« on: October 07, 2004, 05:01:00 PM »

So I'm trying to download skins through UnleashX, and I'm getting a HTTP STATUS 11002 error.  I know the box can access the internet, though, since I can get weather data through XBMC.

I've assigned the box a static IP, which is then connected to a switch, which is then connected to the router.  Gateway is set correctly.  I can FTP fine to the box, and everything else network wise seems fine, it's just skins area.  Anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

kaiguy210

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 05:17:00 PM »

Ok, I got it working.  I made the first DNS 192.168.1.1, instead of auto, and it worked.  But it's so strange, because XBMC worked fine with the way I had it setup before, and the network config within XMBC was set to use the Dashboard settings.  

I guess it's just one of those things...

fezzman

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 06:08:00 AM »

I've been having the exact same problems...and I just gave up on trying to fix it.  I can get my newsfeeds, surf with linksboks, and use xlink through xbmc just fine.  I just can't download skins and gamesaves.  I get the same error you were getting.

Can you please post all of your settings so I can compare with mine?

Thanks

On a side note...I've actually downloaded skins with linksboks just for the hell of it.  It is actually easier to use the comp for it than linksboks though.  

This post has been edited by fezzman on Oct 9 2004, 01:10 PM