xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Repair  (Read 633 times)

hawgman

• Archived User
Xbox Repair
« on: May 20, 2003, 04:11:00 AM »

blink.gif  i have another which boots to the ms dash then says your xbox requires service.. anyone have any ideas. the ebayer that sold me them wont exchange or swap them for anything..

anyone got any ideas?

Xeero

• Archived User
Xbox Repair
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 04:27:00 AM »

On the ones that work but give you a service error: if they're using the OEM BIOS, they won't be able to use any other hard drive - locked or unlocked.

On the ones that don't work: check the board to see if the flash-enable points on the board are bridges.  If so, it may be a TSOP flash gone bad.  You can just install a mod (even a pogo mod) and reflash the TSOP with the OEM BIOS or a hacked BIOS.

hawgman

• Archived User
Xbox Repair
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 06:23:00 AM »

so basically both scenarios need a preflashed mod chip installed then boot installer cd to repair tsop. thanks for your help xeero. Ive only done tsop no chip mods but I guess now ill need a chip mod to fix these. thanks again

hawgman

• Archived User
Xbox Repair
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 06:41:00 AM »

Hey xeero, i have a tsop pogo pin device to program tsop on dish receivers I can line up the tsop with it should be able to program it with x2bm with the lpt port I beleive. or is there a different program used to flash mod should I use winlpc instead? or do you have any other suggestions.