xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Downloadable Content  (Read 2377 times)

Yuyu

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

tongue.gif

( I know I know, useless post, but it has been a beautiful weekend )

flattspott

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2004, 05:10:00 PM »

I know, I was wondering the same thing.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2004, 03:26:00 AM »

sad.gif
But then it will be PERFECT for me  beerchug.gif

flattspott

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2004, 09:37:00 AM »

I just realized, I think I completly missed the last half of page 5 of this this topic. Silly me.

As for the Context issue though. This is a problem. SetState Blank when used form a Context script will work only the Context menu will still be on top.

unleashx

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2004, 02:15:00 AM »

in the actionscripts, you send the video request using http://www.xbox-skin...vid.php?sid=135

Now, it's http://www.xbox-skin...dex.php?sid=135

Other than that, everything seems to be in place.

Kudos to you guys, especially for BLazeD and koldfuzion for making all of these possible.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2004, 02:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ May 20 2004, 11:15 AM)
I just noticed that the link to download vids have changed.

Kudos to you guys, especially for BLazeD and koldfuzion for making all of these possible.

wink.gif Both of those links work for me, possibly you can get them either way?

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2004, 04:18:00 AM »

yes, both should work fine,  however, when requesting a vid using the dash,  then sendvid.php should be used.  (but doesnt have to be)

Flattspott put together the large majority of the data, some was done using mxm scripts. some by requesting from inside the dash.  Not as many titles need to have the videos linked as before, but there are still some left to do.

There is still a lot of titles missing but they cannot be added without the hexid.

UnleashX,  are you adding the ability to request content from the dash, if a video does not exist in the database, or if the title itself does not exist?

I give kudos to everyone,  BJ, Unleash, flattspott, Blazed and all users who will eventually benefit from this.

flattspott

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2004, 04:53:00 AM »

Ok yeah meant to say a while ago in regards to something like this never being done before...

It has been like this kinda, in the rom scene with their dat files. Only difference is that they are aren't tied together with a website. The closet on is some GBA dat front end that'll go and download the cover art based on the missing XXXX rom number. Images are named like so 0001.png. If you only had the 0001.png, and the dat went up to 0010.png then it would download the other nine.

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2004, 05:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ May 20 2004, 11:15 AM)
I just noticed that the link to download vids have changed.

Im kind of confused where the info came from that made you think the link changed.

WEBFILEFETCH %_GameDir%\MXM_SS.wmv "http://www.xbox-skins.net/games/sendvid.php?sid=%nVidID%"

is used in the first post,  thought maybe i messed up and used index.php instead.

Not that it matters, just wondering.

missing title/video on site....
WEBFILEFETCH z:\request.xml "http://www.xbox-skins.net/games/request.php?t=%nTitle%&h=%HexID%&f=wmv&s=%nsize%"

(will post the title info to the site in a seperate db, it can then be either added to the main db or removed)

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2004, 07:34:00 AM »

Is the last quote supposed to be the way to request video for specific title? If not, then is it posted in this thread. If it is, that's should be the easiest thing.

Yes, last quote is the format
hexid
title
f= media requested,  Not predefined, so you can send anything db related (video, xmv, wmv, thumb, cover etc.)
size=xbe size (raw size, no formatting).

in MXM i still do a file fetch, and save as xml file. The request.php is set to create results in XML format,  i posted it either here or sent you a PM on it.  i cant remember the exacts, but it will provide a response that can be used to display to the user. (uses two different nodes(?) so that the reponse can be displayed in two lines.)

I thought it gave me a 404 yesterday when I was testing so I went over to the site. Thats when I found out that index.php?sid=??? will send the video too. I'll use the old link back then.

hrm, shouldnt have gotten a 404 for either file, both urls work because if the sid is present, the index.php pulls the sendvid.php page instead.  It just allows the web user to stay on the same page without having to go to a seperate one for actual downloading.

flattspott

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2004, 09:04:00 AM »

I take it that I should display that result to the user?

Nope. That's why the script saves the z:\request.xml file. It gets the values from it automatically and displays a MsgBox to the user.

That is if your talking about the MXM script.

Otherwise if your talking about UnleashX then yes.

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2004, 09:25:00 AM »

<GDBASE><XBR RESULT1="This Title is NOT Supported" RESULT2="You will have to get the files manually" /></GDBASE>

We are actually supporting these homebrew titles,   using homebrew.xml

But its up to the dashboard to check the hex and if its 00000000 or ffff051f and to pull the games/homebrew.xml instead of the xml/#hexid#.xml

but you have to create a list for the user to select,  or auto-select from the xml using the title.  Auto-selecting using the title might not be very reliable if the user edits the xbe to change the title.. or if our list is "off" enough to not produce a match.  We can always fix the db to match titles perfectly though.

What did this do? create a request on the server db? I take it that I should display that result to the user?

You dont have to display it to the user if you dont want to,  its all how you want to handle invalid requests and/or homebrew.

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2004, 09:42:00 AM »

smile.gif   or PM you if you like.

smile.gif

geniusalz

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »

I feel so stupid for missing the script just about completely...
Checking it out now...
Edit: Had a few problems with comments messing up things, but fixed those.  

e.g. If blah GOTO somelabel;this is to go there

The comment became part of the label, and a space had to be added like so:
If blah GOTO somelabel ;this is to go there

Unforunately, my network doesn't want to share dialup, so I can't test out the downloading capabilities.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]