xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Remotely Turn On/off Xbox  (Read 198 times)

dzv

• Archived User
Remotely Turn On/off Xbox
« on: May 22, 2003, 11:33:00 PM »

If you want to try doing it yourself: http://xirremote.tripod.com/

If you just want to buy one: http://nicolas.cx/gr...xir/default.asp

Georgyo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 02:35:00 AM »

Hmmm.. If only that suported ejecting the DvD drive as well,  sometimes I have a game in there, and I want to play one that I Have a backed up from my own bought collection. And I end up getting up anyway.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 06:41:00 AM »

thanks. now i can turn it on or off with crestron.

greengiant

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2003, 08:03:00 PM »

Georgyo you are the only person to date that has actually given a good reason as to why have the ability to eject the DVD-Tray.
Lots of people ask for it, but no one gives a response as to why.

michaelket

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 10:36:00 PM »

any ideas how to use this xbox dvd remote on a pc....that would rock!

Romps

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 10:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (RavenHawk @ Jun 2 2003, 05:53 AM)
Hey Georgyo,
If you are using Evox as your main dash, you configure it so it does not auto load games (or DVD's) and add a "Launch DVD" command to the dashboard. I have just started playing around with MXM (great dashboard) and Nexgen (looks promising) so I don't know if it has they same capability as of yet.

but then u would still need a bios that does not boot from dvd first
as he is talking about turning his xbox on with a disk in so it would boot the dvd first anyways

the dont auto boot dvd in evox only stops a dvd from booting when u insert one with the xbox allready on

but if u disable boot dvd in bios and have any hd probs u wont be able to boot a evox disk to fix it so that could be a downside

hippo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 04:26:00 AM »

The chip already has another active pin not on the schematics of the ir remote and you can easily hook it up to the tray and use the 9 button off the MS remote to use it unfortunately the Sony tv remote will open the tray with any button you push so that's not working so great. But it is there already on pin 1.

When I disassembled it I fixed that and set it up so I can run clevermod via remote control so I can boot with mod chip enabled, or boot with the tray eject leaving the mod chip disabled in clevermod or the third chioce is set up to flash the mod chip's bios and remove the write protection etc. When I find the time I'm adding that into my product list and will probably make the hex or source free aswell. You'll never touch your crusty old xbox again! This means you Mr. Coach potato!