xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Mxm Logo Contest  (Read 2947 times)

DBZRacer

• Archived User
Mxm Logo Contest
« on: January 26, 2004, 07:54:00 AM »

Update 02.18.04:
Well it looks like the MXM Logo Contest has finally become official with 6 Xenium Chips being offered up to the winners! Thanks XboxChips.com, OzXodus, and BenJeremy!!! This thread is now the MXM Logo Contest entry WIP/preview/discussion thread. ALL OFFICIAL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED TO [email protected] or by clicking the SUBMIT ENTRY button on the official OFFICIAL MXM LOGO CONTEST SITE. Please refer to the Pinned Official Logo Contest Thread for any additional updates

QUOTE (Official MXM Logo Contest Website)
----------MXM Logo Contest Rules----------

General Guidelines: It should look good as a Large Image (480x480) and a 64x64 Icon.It should also look good both in a circle and as a rectangle.

Entry Submission: Please submit each entry as a 480x480 pic, I will have them displayed on the Entries page as 64x64 then allow users to click them to see the bigger size, also be sure to .rar or .zip the file as to conserve inbox space. Please include your xbox-scene forums nick with each entry, and number your submissions because, you may submit as many entries as you wish.

Logo Entry Deadline: Friday February 27th at 12:00midnight, US Pacific Time (-8hrs GMT). I will accept no more entries that are sent to the MXM email inbox after this time.

----------Voting----------
1st Round: The first round of voting will begin, March 1st and continue until March 7th. This first round of voting will take place right here on this site. To vote, you will place the name of the artist ,the entry number for that person, and your Xbox-Scene Nickname on the provided form, such as : BenJeremy-Entry1-YuYu. By submitting your vote, you will be emailing me with your vote for the contest, limit this to one vote per person.From this first round of voting will come our 6 prize winners, only one Logo per person will count, so 6 diiferent people will all receive Xenium Modchips. But multiple logos from the same person will be allowed an entry into the 2nd round of voting if voted into the "REAL" top 6. In the event of a tie, a poll will be setup as a tie breaker.

2nd Round: The second round of voting will begin, March 8th and continue until March 14th. This second round of voting will take place right here on this site.There will be a poll with the 6 top winners names on it it. You will be allowed only one vote, and the poll does report back your IP, so do nopt try to cheat...From this second round will come the Grand Prize winner, whose logo will forever symbolize MXM. In the event of a tie, a poll will be setup as a tie breaker.

QUOTE (Yuyu @ Feb 18 2004, 09:52 AM )

In much collaboration with Ben Jeremy, I have setup the OFFICIAL MXM LOGO CONTEST SITE.

Please read the site and all the sections.

You may submit your entries to the site by emailing them to the site inbox at:
[email protected]or by clicking the SUBMIT ENTRY button on the site

Entry Submission: Please submit each entry as a 480x480 pic, I will have them displayed on the Entries page as 64x64 then allow users to click them to see the bigger size, also be sure to .rar or .zip the file as to conserve inbox space. Please include your xbox-scene forums nick with each entry, and number your submissions because, you may submit as many entries as you wish.

Please read the rules for submission information before submitting your design !!!! Sorry, but you will have to submit all your posted images in the other thread to the new email inbox. Only entries sent to the official site inbox, will be accepted.

Thank You to all contestants and Thank you once again to the Official Contest Sponsors:
(IMG:http://mxm.home.mchsi.com/Images/OzXodus.png) (IMG:http://mxm.home.mchsi.com/Images/xboxchips.png)

QUOTE (DBZRacer @ Jan 26 2004, 09:47 AM)
I've been kicking this idea around for a while now, but saw that the xbmc/xbmp group is now actually holding an official contest for a new xbmc/xbmp logo. So I thought I'd get off my butt and start a discussion on it. What do u guys think of starting a similar contest for a new MXM Logo? As powerful and sweet looking MXM is, this logo really doesn't say much about the dash...

(IMG:http://www.allxboxskins.com/images/mxm.jpg)

Please direct all PM's and questions to Yuyu or any of the other MXM Forum Moderators.

Quick Links:
OFFICIAL MXM LOGO CONTEST SITE
Official MXM Logo Entries

This post has been edited by DBZRacer: Feb 18 2004, 08:13 PM

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Mxm Logo Contest
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »

Yeah, I was going to ask Zaphod, the sig master to cook something up.... That icon comes from the first "Default" skin I included with MXM way back.

DBZRacer

• Archived User
Mxm Logo Contest
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 07:16:00 AM »

Sweet... Are there any other skinners or non artistically challenged people (unlike me) who want to help design a new MXM logo?

flattspott

• Archived User
Mxm Logo Contest
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 07:51:00 AM »

I'm gonna go mess around in photoshop and see what I can come up with.

geniusalz

• Archived User
Mxm Logo Contest
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 02:31:00 PM »

I could help, mainly in terms of suggestions smile.gif

Yuyu

• Archived User
Mxm Logo Contest
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 04:37:00 PM »

A logo contest or just someone who knows whats up, would be awsome I think....  

I am going to be overhauling the MXM Help Site for the new version release, and the #mxm and #mxmfiles help site.... I think that a new version of the logo would be a nice addition to come along with the new UI and snazzier MXM..... Kinda would complete the facelift if you know what I mean, as the goal I think with the next release is to have the RAW Horsepower that no one can match hidden underneath a simple and easy to use UI.... That allows users to have more control over there system all from within the dash....

yourwishismine

• Archived User
Mxm Logo Contest
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 07:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (Yuyu @ Jan 27 2004, 08:30 PM)
A logo contest or just someone who knows whats up, would be awsome I think....  

I am going to be overhauling the ... #mxm and #mxmfiles help site....

YuYu... I've got my script 90% complete, I'm sure that you've noticed that my user name on the channel has changed... most of my 'bot' commands are still the same.. but there are some fresh ones there... please message me and share some of the ideas that you have in mind for the channel.. I'll be on the channel tommorow for most of the day running what's completed of my script.. (it all works.. I just have a couple more things I want to add)... if you wanna check it out...
Thanks In Advance....

lslow00

• Archived User
Mxm Logo Contest
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 06:25:00 AM »

id be willing to help out in the creation of a new logo... ive got pretty good photoshop skills and can come up with just about anything

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Mxm Logo Contest
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 08:52:00 AM »

So does anyone have any WIP's they want to share for feedback?

fLEx7325

• Archived User
Mxm Logo Contest
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

This would be fun... Maybe ill give it a try..

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Mxm Logo Contest
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »

I may make something, but I kind of stopped using Photoshop, just got bored with it.  And I was never that good anyway.  What size are we looking at here?  Probably 128*128?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Mxm Logo Contest
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »

Prefereably, make them big.... 480x480 would be great, but make sure they look good at 64x64, too (in other words, not too many details)

flattspott

• Archived User
Mxm Logo Contest
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 02:14:00 PM »

So basically, make them like Windows XP Icons

ravage73

• Archived User
Mxm Logo Contest
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 06:12:00 PM »

here's mine,

(IMG:http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/jah73/mxmlogo.png)

64 x 64
(IMG:http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/jah73/mxmlogosmall.png)

This post has been edited by ravage73: Feb 8 2004, 04:28 AM

Yuyu

• Archived User
Mxm Logo Contest
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2004, 09:08:00 PM »

Well I had a go at making a Logo for fun.... Its not what some would expect, but thats the point I guess, I just felt like makin it, so I figured I'd share 480x480...
(IMG:http://YuYu.home.mchsi.com/Files/LOGO.png)
And a 64x64...
(IMG:http://YuYu.home.mchsi.com/Files/MINILOGO.png)

This post has been edited by Yuyu: Feb 7 2004, 05:16 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19